Back to Seattle

–Mia–

Sitting in the back seat, I stared out of the window at the huge skyscrapers that were passing by. This was my first time here. I never thought I would set my foot here. Even though deep down I wanted to come here, I was still skeptical. But somehow I calmed down my mind and heart saying that it is nothing but another outdoor work.

And usually for all my outdoor work, I rent a house or book a hotel room, depending on the length of my work. I suggested doing the same in Seattle too but one glare from Michael made my mouth shut permanently regarding that topic. Angry Micheal is really scaring the shit out of me. I must never make him angry.

So, when I said I'll go with him, Michael squealed like a kid and immediately made arrangements for my travel. I suggested paying for my travel but he brushed off my suggestion saying that it's a part of our deal. 

Have I mentioned that we haven't fully discussed the deal??

And why do I have a feeling that Michael is gonna bring up this deal word again and again?

"We are here." Michael's voice broke my chain of thoughts.

That's when I noticed that we were pulling into the parking lot of another huge skyscraper.

Once the car came to a stop, we hopped out and unloaded our luggage and then the cab we hired pulled away.

“Welcome back, Mr. Collin.” A loud voice startled me and I looked around for the source. 

A man similar to my height is coming towards us. 

“Robin.” Michael said.

“You must be Ms. Warner.” He said as soon as he approached us, looking at me, shocking me.

“How do you know?” I asked him in surprise.

“I am a man of many talents madam.” He winked. Looks like he is in his early forties.

“Mia, meet Robin. All rounder of our building and Robin, think you already know her.” Michael said and Robin nodded.

“But wait. How do you know me?” I asked him.

“Sanju.” Michael said.

“Huh!?” I looked up at him.

“Sanju and Robin are gossip buddies. They gossip about everything.” Michael answered. 

What is the need for them to gossip about me? And what is there to gossip about me?

"Mia, let's go." Michael said taking my hand in his and walking me towards the elevator.

"Mr. Collin." Robin called again and Michael stopped.

Robin moved towards him and asked him to bend down. When he bent down, Robin said something in his ear.

Nodding, Michael again led me to the elevator.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. I asked him to change my locks before going on vacation. He changed them. That's what he is saying." 

I simply nodded. Once the elevator doors closed, I looked at the panel to see the floor number and my eyes bugged out when I noticed that Michael pressed number 13. 

Seriously! Can't he live on earth? What is the need to float in the sky?

Shaking my head, I simply stood there silently beside Michael while he kept himself busy on his phone.

Once we stepped out, he led me to his flat. He then pressed his thumb to a panel and tapped a few buttons and the door clicked open.

"That's it? No keys?" I asked, looking up at him.