Epilogue

--Michael--

Why hasn't she invited me inside? Doesn't she want me beside her? Or should I just go? Maybe she forgot? Maybe she is nervous inside? Would she expect me? Can I go now?

"I think..." John's voice made me halt in my pacing and I turned towards him.

"You must think about the baby. Not why hasn't it's mother invited you inside."

How did he even guess what I'm thinking?

"Why? Don't she need me inside?"

He frowned, "Seriously, Michael. You can just go in. No one is going to stop you."

"But she hasn't said anything."

He sighed, "What? You are expecting her to invite you in while she is having contractions?"

I frowned.

"Did the baby come out?" I saw Seb running towards us while shouting all the way.

"Seb!!" I didn't know he would be here right now.

"I heard that you were going to Europe for shooting." John said.

"Cancelled it." He said after catching his breath, "Don't want to miss the arrival of my goddaughter."

Wait! When have I told him that he is going to be godfather.

"Asshole! You raced up without allowing us to climb the elevator." I turned around at the voice of Mathew. Nina, Mathew and Mark are coming towards us. What are they doing here?

"Sorry." Seb mumbled.

"Nina! Why? I mean..." I trailed off. What can I say? That she doesn't need to be here? It's too harsh.

"Shouldn't I be here for my daughter and granddaughter?" She asked and my mouth formed a light o. She actually officially made Mia her daughter and they both bonded very well in these few months.

"I thought you were busy." I said addressing Mathew and Mark.

"Not for my niece." They both answered in unison.

Ok. I felt a bit uncomfortable. I don't know why. Though we are trying to rekindle our relationship, it still feels a bit awkward to me sometimes.

I again turned towards the door where behind it my wife is going through labour. Should I go inside now? Or would I disturb them? Is she doing alright? Why is it taking so much time?

"Looks like baby hasn't arrived." This time I was really shocked to hear Sam's voice.

Sam, accompanied by Robert, came towards us. They greeted everyone and I just stared at them.

"What are you doing here?" I asked them both in disbelief. They just shrugged.

"John said you were in meetings."

"Left them. Don't want to miss the opportunity." Robert answered.

"What?"

Sam chuckled, "You know. Not even in my dreams, I thought of thinking about you being married and becoming a father. I now believe that you were married because I myself walked your wife down the aisle. So I also need to see you as a father with my own eyes."

"Same reason." Mumbling, Robert and Sam flopped down on the chairs on either side of John.

God, all crazy people are in my life. I just turned my attention back to the door.

"Michael, just go inside or stay calm. For god's sake we have experienced doctors inside and she has our women to support her." John said.

"That's what I'm worried about. They are all crazy like hell. I don't know what they are actually doing inside." I said without taking my eyes from the door.

"Excuse me!" I startled at the unison of voice and turned back.

"Did you just call my wife crazy?" Sam, John and Robert asked in unison. 3 pairs of eyes narrowed at me.

"I.... I... didn't mean.." Shit.

"Of course. She is a bit." They again said in unison and went back to scrolling their phones. God, please give me patience with these idiots.

"By the way. Where are your kids?"

"With grandfather." They again said in unison without taking their eyes from their phones.

"No offence." Sighing, I looked around. Seb is pacing around and Mark and Mathew are talking with each other. Why is Seb pacing around?

"It should be me who should pace around. Why are you pacing?"

"I'm worried." He said still pacing around. But what is he worried about?

"Seb!!"

Sighing, he stopped beside me, "I've been waiting for this opportunity since so long."

"Why?"

"So that I can turn my god daughter against you and make your life miserable." Seb said as a matter of fact. Wait! What?

"Excuse me. Why do you need to make my life miserable?"

He scowled, "That's what best friends are for. To make life miserable."

"Agreed." John said at once.

Point noted. I should never deal with these crazy people.

Finally, after what felt like ages we were allowed inside. Everyone rushed past me. Stifling a groan I entered inside. They were looming over my baby's crib. I know I won't get the first chance to take her into my arms. So I moved towards my wife and hugged her.

"How are you?" I asked.

"So happy." She said, burying into me. I sat beside her on the edge of her bed and she leaned into me. I looked at the crowd but they weren't even thinking about moving an inch.

"Will you let me see my daughter?" I shouted. They ignored me but Sanju ushered them out and handed me my baby.

Taking the little bundle wrapped in pink towel, I carefully brought her to my chest.

Oh god. She is so tiny. Her eyes were closed. I leaned down and kissed the top of her head. She has very little hair strands and that too were blonde just like her mother. My chest squeezed so hard and I felt I couldn't breathe.

Mia took her into her arms carefully and I immediately dragged Mia close and buried my face into her sweaty neck and cried. First time in my life. I really cried.

"Mike..." she called.

I just sobbed.

"Mike... what's wrong?"

"No. Nothing. I.... I... it's..... so.. overwhelming. I want to feel this again. Again and again."

"We have all our life to feel it. Don't worry." She smiled up at me.

"What is her name?" I asked Mia.

She stroked our daughters cheek delicately.

"Lana."

"Lana?" I asked.

"After my mum's name Laura and your mum's name Anna."

The choice of her name brought tears to my eyes. Wrapping my arms around Mia and Lana carefully, I stared down at them.

My wife and my daughter. My world.

At last I found a reason for my life.

__________

I'm back again with another chapter..... How is it?..

Ok, don't kick me if you don't like the name of our little one.

But the name Lana has some meaning.

One more chapter is pending guys ... Stay tuned..

Don't forget to share your views...

Love,
Sanju.....