37

Y/N POV

My breathing got a little bit quicker.

"Don't worry. I'm here. Nothing will happen to you." Chan said, held my hand and interlocked our fingers. He must have noticed, how nervous I was.

We searched around the room for a little bit but the bug was nowhere to be found.

"Darling, if you just wanted to take a shower with me, you should've just said so. You didn't need to put on such an act." Chan said with a smile.

"But, I swear, it was right here." I said desperately. It really was. I looked around the room once again and then saw it on the pile of towels.

"There it is." I said pointing at the bug and hiding behind Chan's back.

"You're kidding me? I thought you said it was a huge bug." he said and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"It's pretty huge to me." I said but Chan just kept staring at me.

"And who even care about the size, just get rid of it, please."I said still hiding behind his back.

"How could I say no, when you're saying please this cutely." he said, let go of my hand and walked towards the bug. Just when he was about to reach it, it decided to fly again.

"Oh god." I just exclaimed and squatted and tried to protect my head from the bug's attack.

Chan followed the bug with his eyes for a while and then clasped the bug in his hands.

"Huh, did you get it?" I asked, not being able to see the bug anymore.

"It's here." he said and showed me his hands.

"Did you kill it?" I asked worried and rushed to him.

"Don't worry, I left a little space in between my hands. It's still pretty alive. Do you want to see?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"I don't think it's necessary, I will just believe you." I said and took a step from him, to make a bigger distance between me and the bug.

"How you want, darling." he said and went to the window.

"Will you please open the window for me, my love? As you can see, I can't really do it right now." he said and looked at me.

"Oh, right. Sorry." I said and opened the window for him.

Chan stuck out his arms and then opened his palms letting the bug fly outside.

"It really was there. You really caught it." I said, still looking outside at the bug.

"You're amazing." I mumbled out my thought without meaning to.

"Did you doubt about me?" Chan asked and looked at me for a moment.

"It's not like I doubt, I believed you when you said, you caught it. It's just, seeing it with my own eyes is different. It's amazing you were able to do something like this." I said with a little smile and turned to face Chan only to find out, that he was staring at me this whole time.

He reached out his hand and caressed my cheek.

"Don't do this, please." I exhaled and looked at the floor, not moving from his touch.

"Do what?" asked confused Chan.

"You know what. You confuse me. It feels like you really like me. I don't like this feeling. I don't like being led on." I said and looked at him.

"You are confused? What am I supposed to say, then? Do you know, what you're doing to me?" he said with a sign of frustration in his voice.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, not understanding a word he said.

"Oh god." he said and ran his fingers through his hair.

"It all started with a curiosity. I was curious about you, how far can you get. And then, we met in person and my curiosity only rose. I wanted to know who you are. So I came up with the deal. But the curiosity changed into something else. Into desire." he said and looked at me intensely.

"This tension between us. I'm not the only one who is aware of it. Who is tempted by it. Yesterday is the proof." he said and took step towards me.

"You may be right, but this. This relationship can't work, it mustn't work." I said and reciprocated his look.

"It's just impossible. I'm here to collect as much evidence as I can and then destroy you. I got carried away for a while, I admit. But it's over now." I said with intransigence in my voice.

"We both know, that it's not true. If you really were here just for the evidence and nothing else you wouldn't make friends, you wouldn't do what you've done with me. Yesterday is a proof. You even revelied your past to us." he said and took one more step towards me.

"Maybe, maybe it's just my plan. You know, how to get what I want and need." I said with a little shiver in my voice.

"That's a lie. You can lie to me however you want, but don't lie to yourself, darling. You already crossed the line. You're not anymore who you were before. Whether you want to admit it or not. It's a fact." he said, our bodies only few inches apart.

"That's not true. I haven't changed at all. I'm here just a few days. It's impossible to change that much."I said with a confidence in my voice thinking that I was without doubt right.

"You're willing to listen." Chan just simply stated.

"You're willing to listen to me. And even consider, me being right. That's just the beginning. That's the first step that every current member took too." he said and looked me in the eyes.

I gulped. He was right. I was willing to listen to his thoughts, to his words. But just because I'm willing to do so, doesn't mean anything.

"I'm a reporter. That's a part of our job. All of us do that." I said not so confident.

"You're lying again. It's not. I've met tons of reporters. No one was like you. You're truly listening." he said.

"I'm doing all of this just for the article. And no one can change in such a short span of time, come on. Even kids knows this." I said and looked at him.

"You're really stubborn, aren't you? How many more times am I supposed to say to you, that we don't know each other just for a few days. It's been months. Months of having impact on each other. Whether we realize it or not. We are influencing each other for a months now." he said and grabbed gently my wrist.

"I guess you're not the kind of person to believe on love at the first sight, right? You probably don't even believe, that someone can trully fall in love with someone else just in a day or two." he said.

"Of course I don't, that's nonsense. Truth love exist only through hard work and a lots of time getting to know each other, each other's strengths and weaknesses. Anything else is just a pure lust. This sparkle will disappear just as fast as it appeared. And I'm not interested in something like this." I said and looked at him with a serious face.

"And me neither. You really think that I would do all this just because of some spark of lust? Then I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I would rather find someone to have one night stand with then complicating my life with this relationship." Chan said frustrated.