45

Y/N POV

The following two weeks were really rough for me. I had little to no sleep at all. My old workaholic self really got the best of me. I was meeting Chan only when I was in the office and we usually had no time to even properly talk to each other.

But he didn't blame me. He understood the position I was in. I needed to to start all over with my article. Searing for information about the gang Hyun, learning the the basic strategies and basic informations about mafia from Minho, improving my fighting skills with I.N and working for Chan at the same time was, simply put, exhausting.

I had almost no free time and when I had it, I enjoyed to spent it on recovery of my lacking sleep. On the other hand, it was me, who decided to work this hard. The guys told me, that there is no reason to rush things, but I wanted to join them soon. I needed to join them soon. I needed to join them on at least one mission. So I could have feeling, that all of this isn't worthless.

Chan noticed how I was overworking myself, but didn't say anything. He probably knew, that I wouldn't listen to him anyway. Instead he started having me easier tasks, the kind of type, where I needed to cooperate with other members. It had two advantages. First, I got to know the guys better. Second, I didn't get so tired, so after work I had still some energy left, to work on my research.

It was kind of him. Even though he didn't want to admit it or let me know about it, I still noticed, how his way of always caring about me.

His side looks when I was intensively working on something. Him asking, if I've eaten yet. Him putting me a bottle of water on my desk, when I missed my break. Him asking the other members, how I was, after working with them.

All of these little things and even more. All of his little ways he was taking care of me. All of them made me surrender to him more and more.

All of them made me want to be by his side as much as I could. All of them made me want to stay with him.

He made me fall for him.

But I can't let up right now. I'm so close to accomplish, what I was working on for so long. Maybe after this...

Maybe after all of this is gone, I can pretend, even if it's just for a split of a second, that everything is okay. Maybe I could pretend, that I live in a fairytale and that I really could be with him. Maybe I could just for a moment pretend, that we are meant to be.

But that is way too far away from now. For it to happen, I will need to walk a long way.

Good news were, that Chan's plan of me getting along with others thanks to working with them, was working.

The last week I worked with every member and helped each of them in a way. And mostly, got to know them better. They even created a new group chat with me, so that we could text each other.

Even though, the group chat Switzerland stayed superior. Me, Felix, Han and I.N, who was added little bit later, texted each other all the time. Most of the time it were just memes and Felix's photos him baking

But we became great friends and the guys didn't miss any moment, when I had free time, to annoy me and to spend time together in my room. Even if all of us were working on different things and didn't talk to each other. The feeling of not being alone and having someone, who you could rely on, when needed, was addicting.

I never really had someone like that, except for my brother and Aera, it's nice to have around you people like that.

When I speak about Aera, that girl is texting me every day and face times me, when there's boys in my room. We enjoy spending time together this way. She started working on some new investigation. Someone is stealing women's underwear in area, where I used to live. Sick. However, I'm sure, she will take care of it.

Now when I think about it, I need to ask Felix to add her to our group chat. Wait, then the whole group chat would be full of Han sending memes, Felix's baking photos and Aera' cats photos. Damn, I'm gonna be spammed.

One would say, that we are great friends, maybe even family. I wish for it to be true. I really do. But something still tells me, that there is something off about all of this. Maybe I just need to relax and finally let myself be vulnerable around other people. Not everyone is like my father and mother.

Maybe these people really are the thing that I always wished for. A family.

But I can't slacken now. This Friday I have a fight with Chan again. And if I pass my exam with Minho and will be good in the fight, Chan will let me go on a mission.

On my first mission. I can't give up now. I can't weaken now. I will show them what I have in me.

They haven't seen even half of what's inside of me. They haven't met even a half of the dangerous woman, that I can be.

If being hard on myself and working more than ever, is all it takes for me to succeed, then getting the prize is easier than what I ever could imagine.

I'm so close. Just wait, this is just the beginning.

Just you wait, Chan, you haven't seen anything yet.  You haven't seen me, yet.