Dungeons and Dragons

"Oh shit

"Oh shit...it's almost time."
Your heart began to beat rapidly as the clock ticked.
You had told Eddie to be here at six and at the time it seemed like the perfect idea.
You had the pizza already ordered,the table set and his favorite game ready to be played.
There was just one little problem...
You had no idea how to play Dungeons and Dragons.
You knew Eddie was more than just a fan. In fact,he was the "Dungeon Master" of your schools club and took the game seriously.
If he wasn't talking about his passion for music then he was talking about the game. All you wanted to do was understand and be able to enjoy the things he did.
Before you could think any more about it,your thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the knocking on your front door.
You took a deep breath and opened it.
"Sorry,I'm late sweetheart."
Eddie spoke with his signature grin.
"You're actually just in time."
Eddie walked further into your house and stopped as his gaze fixed onto the set up on your kitchen table.
"Dominos...yoohoos..dungeons and dragons," he looked up at you with a bigger smile "what'd I do to deserve all this m'lady?"

You rolled your eyes but couldn't help but to smile at the nickname he often called you.
"I just wanted tonight to be fun,'' you explained "we always just sit around and do nothing but...ugh..."
There went your nerves. You didn't want him to think you were lame because you didn't know how to play. You were good at making excuses everytime he invited you to tag along with his club.
Now that you were the one to have it all set up it would be stupid to just brush it off even though you wanted to do badly
''whats the matter,y/n?''
"I don't know anything about dungeons and dragons."
The words blurted out your mouth before you could stop them. You squeezed your eyes shut from embarrassment but after a long silence,you had to peek one eye open.
Eddie was just starting at you with a blank expression before laughing
"That's it? I already knew that,sweetheart."
He picked up the handbook laying on your table and walked over to you.
"Before I can teach you we're gonna have to read this? Is that okay?"
You felt a smile begin to tug at the corner of your lips. You felt so stupid from worrying so much. Eddie could be a bit of a jerk about things but never when it came to you. Deep down you should have known better.
"You don't mind teaching me?" You asked just to make sure one more time.
Eddie grabbed your hands and pulled you closer to him
"I would rather teach you than anyone else," he said with a smirk "but don't get too confident sweetheart I never lose."