Let me in

"Listen, I've known you a long time. I know when something is wrong. You don't have to tell me what happened, but let me in, okay?"

There was once a time when Eddie and you were nearly conjoined at the hip

There was once a time when Eddie and you were nearly conjoined at the hip.Wherever you seen Eddie people knew you weren't too far behind.
He was your best friend.
But the transition from middle school to high school never always kept friends together.
That summer you both drifted apart.
From being best friends to strangers,passing each other in the hallway without a glance to the other.
Eddie was doing his usual midday class skip. He didn't care too much about his classes despite him making a big deal outta wanting to graduate.
At the moment the only care in his mind was to make it to his van and smoke a joint. He was getting ready to make it to the exit when he stopped dead in his tracks.
He watched you run out of a classroom,tears rushing down your cheeks like a waterfall as your body shook from crying. You were so focused on crying that you didn't even noticed him nor cared. You ran into the janitors closet,slamming the wooden door behind you.
Eddie thought about just continuing to go on about his day but when he passed the closet and heard your sobs through the door he couldn't just walk away.
He contemplated knocking on the door,cursing himself out when he couldn't even knock before saying fuck it and knocking always.
"Hey you alright in there?"
He questioned to which he only got silence in return.
So he knocked again
"Listen, I've known you a long time. I know when something is wrong. You don't have to tell me what happened, but let me in, okay?"
Silence lingered the hallway for a few minutes before Eddie could hear the door being unlocked.
You opened the door but quickly went back to sitting on the floor. You pulled your knees close to your face and held yourself like that as you cried.
Eddie looked around the hallways,noticing that not even the teacher had came out to check on you. He rolled his eyes from how ignorant the school was and stepped inside the closet with you,closing the door behind him.
It was a tight fit and he had to stand up while you were sitting down.
He watched as you whimpered and your body shook as you cried.
"Y/n," he finally spoke up "it's gonna be okay."
You peaked up at him and sniffled as you tried to talk
"E-Eddie why are you being so nice to me?" You asked throwing Eddie completely off. He blinked with confusion before rubbing the back of his neck
"I mean we use to be best friends and I can't just leave a girl crying."
You whipped your face off and nodded as he talked
"Do you think I'm a bad person? Everyone treats me like I'm some kind of freak now."
"I understand the feeling."
You looked up at the taller boy as he sympathized with you.
"But you're not a bad person y/n. You never were. People in Hawkins are just really shitty. But I'm here for you if you ever need anything."
Eddie gave you a sweet smile and you returned it,feeling better already.
He reached his hand down for you to grab
"Why don't we go outside and talk some more. It's a little stuffy in here."

You obliged and grabbed his hand,letting him lift you up.
You smiled again at your old friend as he led you the way.
You were more than happy for your old friend to be in your life again,eager to see what the future held for the both of you.