New Parents

No one said being a new parent would be easy but you and Eddie were determined to try the best you could be for the little baby boy you had just welcomed

Eddie even got a job to make sure he could provide and that your son would have the family he always dreamed of growing up.
It was his first day at work and he wanted to make sure you and the baby were perfectly fine before he would even step foot out of the trailer
"Eddie we're fine. You better go before you're late." 
You reassured him and  gave him a kiss. Before Eddie left he also bent down to give the baby a kiss too as he slept in your arms.
Everything was good for a few hours after he left.
The baby slept for a while but it wasn't long until he woke up,screaming.
You had tried everything.
You fed and burped him which did a good job until he started crying all over again.
So you changed his diaper and it still didn't work.
You sang to him and rocked him,even walked all over but nothing worked.
It was going on an hour and a half of nonstop crying. You kept trying your hardest and before long that new mom guilt began to creep it's way into you.
"Please don't cry baby everything is okay. Mommy promises."
You pleaded to the new born trying to comfort him but his crying kept on and soon tears began to roll down your cheeks as well.
You didn't notice the time or that Eddie had pulled back up in his van.
You whimpered to yourself as you kept rocking the baby.
Eddie walked in with a smile on his face from having a good first day but when he seen how much of a wreck you were and how hard the baby was crying,he quickly came to your rescue.
He held the baby for you and almost instantly did his cry's stop. It only caused you to cry more thinking you had done something wrong.
He gently swayed the baby and soon you could tell he had gotten the baby back to sleep.
He walked him into his nursery and laid him in the crib before coming to your side.
You were still crying and that guilt was eating you alive
"Y/n its okay I'm here."
Eddie softly pulled you into his arms as he held you
"Did you see how quick he stopped for you? What am I doing so wrong already?"
You asked wiping some of the tears away that kept coming.
"You're not doing anything wrong sweetheart. You're a fantastic mom already. Baby's just have their days like we do."
"Do you think he hates me,Eddie?''
Your bottom lip trembled more from the question. Eddie held you tighter trying to comfort you the best he could
"He doesn't hate you my love it'll get better with time. Do you wanna go lay down with me?"
You sniffled but nodded your head "yes" wanting nothing more but cuddles and some sleep
"You don't mind that I smell like body odor do you?"
Eddie teased which made you smile for the first time in hours.
When you shook your head no,Eddie grinned back at you. He stood up from the couch where you both sat and reached his hand out for you to grab
"Then let's go cuddle, princess. Or should I say queen now that we have our own little prince."