Single dad

"Miss Evelyn you're too cute!"The fifteen month old passed you her red rubber ball and clapped her hands as you did so every time she tossed it

The fifteen month old passed you her red rubber ball and clapped her hands as you did so every time she tossed it.
You had been babysitting Evelyn Munson since she was just a few days old. You remember when Eddie first brought her to the trailer park.
How much of a nervous wreck he was.
You had been Eddie's friend since you first moved into the trailer next door and knew Eddie was in no position to be a single dad. So whenever you could offer help you did so.
You were so busy playing with Evelyn that you didn't even hear the sound of Eddie's van pulling back into the driveway. It wasn't until the door opened that you realized that he was home from work. Evelyn squealed with delight as she seen her dad walk in.
Eddie had a tired look on his face but the moment he seen his daughter he couldn't help but to burst into energy.
He scooped the toddler up into his arms and spun around,laughing as she squealed more with happiness.
"How was this little monster today?"
You smiled at the nickname Eddie often called Evelyn and shrugged your shoulders
"As good as she is every time I watch her."
You grabbed your coat off the couch and looked back at Eddie.
Your heart could almost explode at the sight of Eddie and Evelyn.
You always thought Eddie was such a great dad. Sure he had been nervous at the start but he adjusted and man did he look good doing so. The way Evelyn looked up at him with her identical brown eyes full with love was a sight you often looked forward to every day.
You were happy that you and Eddie had gotten a lot closer but longed for something a little more.
You knew between his job and taking care of Evelyn his plate must have been full and you respected that.
You didn't notice you were still starring until Eddie cleared his throat
"Are you alright,y/n?" He asked giving you a smile and you quickly snapped out of your daze .
"Yes I'm sorry," you quickly reassured "I should be heading back now. I'll see you tomorrow at the same time to watch Evelyn."
You went to say your usual goodbye but Eddie stopped you
"Actually I took off tomorrow so there won't be a need for you to come over that early."
You furrowed your brows in confusion. Your mind automatically assumed the worst,thinking maybe he found a new sitter or even a girlfriend and didn't need your help anymore.
"Oh okay..."
That dreadful feeling only sat in the pit of your stomach for just a few seconds before Eddie used his free hand that wasn't holding Evelyn to scratch the back of his neck.
A nervous habit of his that you learned he often did when he was about to ask a question he wasn't sure if he should ask or not
"I was ugh...wondering if maybe tomorrow you would like to go to the park with me and Evelyn and then maybe get some dinner?" He stammered on his words as he asked and you could notice his cheeks glowing red. Evelyn played with his hair and you giggled. Eddie's eyes narrowed not knowing if you were laughing at him
"That would be lovely Ed's," you finally said making Eddie breath out with relief "I'll see you tomorrow for our date."
Date.
That word sounded so foreign coming out of your mouth and you weren't sure if maybe it was a date.
But Eddie simply smiled and reassured all your worries as he confirmed
"I can't wait. I'll see you tomorrow,sweetheart."

An

////

Should I write a part 2??! Idk something about dad Eddie is just 🥵 I love it lol