Glimpse of Us

It had been a while since you and Eddie broke up. You were moving on by working on graduation and Eddie was still doing what he did best. Only this time he began seeing the queen of Hawkins
E

ddie thought he was happy. I mean here was the freak dating the most popular girl in school. She was everything he had imagined in middle school... except something wasn't quite right.
Eddie was walking down the halls with Chrissy's fingers entwined with his. He listened to her talk about last night's basketball game and smiled brightly. He loved how passionate she was even if he didn't see what was so special about tossing balls in laundry baskets.
"That's great, Chrissy."
Eddie replied as they stopped in front of Chrissy's locker. It just so happened your locker was right next to Chrissy's.
You seen Eddie and Chrissy but couldn't help but roll your eyes
Yes,you were happy for Eddie.
But deep down you still had feelings for him and of course you always would. You never lied to him when you said he was your soulmate.
The breakup was over something extremely ridiculous and it angered you everytime you thought back on it. You wanted to apologize and work things out but by the time you came to your senses, the whole school was buzzing about Chrissy and Eddie being spotted together.
So you just gave up on the thought of working things out.

You began to open your locker and rummage through it. You could hear Chrissy giggling and you rolled your eyes some more.
You slammed your locker close after grabbing what you needed and didn't expect the slam to be so loud.
You froze up as the hallway silenced.
All eyes were on you briefly until the hallway chatters filled the school again.
You slowly looked over towards Eddie and Chrissy.
Chrissy was back to talking and going through her locker while Eddie's gaze was fixed on you.

When your eyes locked you hurried up and turned the other way,feeling your heart break as you did.
E

ddie watched as you walked away. The empty feeling he couldn't figure out suddenly filled just by the sight of you.
"Earth to Eddie. Can you hear me?"
Chrissy snapped her fingers in front of Eddie's face.
"Oh I'm so sorry,Chrissy,what were you saying?"
Eddie apologized looking back at the blonde.
She gave him a smile and pinched his cheek in a cute manner
"You need to lay off the smoking,babe."
Eddie laughed and looked into her eyes like he usually did when she talked.
Her eyes sparkled like they always did but only this time Eddie didn't see Chrissy's.
Instead,he remembered how bright yours would always get when you seen him.
Eddie's lip twitched into a smile at the thought.
The days went on and Eddie found himself addicted to having Chrissy by his side. Not because of her but because when he looked into her eyes he could catch a glimpse of you and him. That empty void that had lingered in him suddenly felt full.
He would pretend her touch was yours and it would send sparks down his body.
"Eddie can you hand me my makeup brush?"Chrissy asked as she sat in front of her vanity.
Eddie was sitting on her bed in his own little world. He obliged though and reached his arm down to grab the brush before handing it to her
"Here you go,y/n."
Suddenly the room was filled with a awkward silence.
Chrissy looked at Eddie through the vanity mirror.
She sat the makeup brush down then turned towards the metalhead who's face was crimson red.
"Oh shit,Chrissy,I didn't mean it."
Eddie apologized but Chrissy didn't respond. She kept staring at him before huffing to herself
"What do you mean you didn't mean it? Obviously she's on your mind for you to even say her name."
The cheerleader stood up
"So what is it Eddie? What's your problem?"
He didn't know what to say so Chrissy kept going
"I mean you act like I haven't noticed lately. You staring at her during class or in the hallways. You've always looked at me with love but since that day she slammed her locker you've been looking at me different." 
"Chrissy it's not that."
"Then what is it?"
Chrissy's bedroom filled with silence again. 
The couple stared at each other for a moment before Eddie sighed.
He rubbed his hands on his face as he tried to think of how to explain it to Chrissy.
He had feelings for her he did but she wasn't you...
"Chrissy you mean the absolute world to me but I'm gonna be honest I don't think Im in love with you."
Chrissy's eyes watered up but she looked at Eddie with her same confident look she always had
"You still love y/n?"
Eddie didn't have to say a thing. The way his eyes shined at the mention of your name despite the sad look on his face was all Chrissy needed to know.
She gave Eddie a smile but a single tear rolled down her cheeks
"I think you need to go to her,Eddie."
Eddie went to disagree but when no words came out as he opened his mouth,he just stood up.
He grabbed ahold of Chrissy's bedroom door handle but turned to looked at her.
Her eyes were still teary but she knew how to hold them back like a pro.
Chrissy gave Eddie a reassuring smile and Eddie smiled back before walking out her bedroom door.
His heart pounded as he nearly ran out the house.
He couldn't wait to finally be reunited with you.