Born To Die

Tw: Mentions of suicide very briefly

——

"Keep making me laugh
Let's go get high
The road is long, we carry on
Try to have fun in the meantime"

"Keep making me laughLet's go get highThe road is long, we carry onTry to have fun in the meantime"

After what happened on the fourth of July your world seemed to crumble into pieces. Witnessing what happened to Billy and learning about hopper destroyed you. You had got lucky again but at what price? To live the rest of your life haunted by the memories?
You did the only thing you knew that could help you.

You shut the world out.
You couldn't risk feeling that type of hurt again and it was better if you just stuck to yourself.
Everyone had tried to talk to you. Robin invited you to work with her and Steve,Dustin offered to hang out with you,even Nancy.
But you just couldn't do it.
It wasn't until that damn dungeon master swept you off your feet did you finally learn to live life until it would be your last.
It was your usual trip to Ms.Kelley's office. She asked the same questions like  how are you sleeping,are you having negative thoughts. And you lied like always not wanting to be in there any longer than you had to but of course she caught on to the lies after awhile and you were in her office for what seemed like forever.
When she finally let you go,she had to give you a late slip since class had already started.
You walked down the halls which were empty. You could hear classes going on behind doors but other than that you could hear a pen drop from the other side of the school,it was so quiet.
You had gym and quite honestly didn't feel like going so you just wandered around until you go to the high school auditorium. You pushed open the big doors and noticed it was dead silent in there as well. But that was okay at least you wouldn't get caught.
You sat down in one of the seats and began to dig in your bag,trying to find something to occupy yourself with.
The quiet was suddenly interrupted by a loud bang from the very back of the auditorium.
Curiosity had suddenly drawn you over to it. You slowly put your bag down onto the seat you were sitting in and walked towards the auditorium stage.
You could hear someone cursing to themselves and when you got to it you noticed it was Eddie Munson.
He was setting up a huge table for a game of Dungeons and Dragons.
"That's amazing."
You spoke up which obviously scared the metalhead. He nearly fell from his "throne"
"Shit you scared me,man."
Eddie said with a laugh
"Hey don't I know you? You're Henderson's friend,y/n?"
He asked suddenly looking very shocked.
You raised a brow in confusion
"Yes that's me."
"So you do speak. I haven't heard you say a word since-"
"Since before the mall fire?"
You answered it for him and looked down as those memories came flooding back in your mind like a tsunami. Eddie looked at you with worried eyes and he walked over towards you
"You good?"
He asked and you just shook your head.
"I think it's best if I go. You don't wanna be caught up with me."
Your back was turned towards Eddie as you went to leave when he caught you by surprise
"What if I do?"
Ever since that comment,you and Eddie had been almost inseparable.
Some days it wasn't by your choice as Eddie was determined to make you live life again. After awhile it kind of grew on you.
You went from not looking forward to seeing your friends to having your life back together. And it was all thanks to Eddie.
It was late one evening and you were sitting in Eddie's trailer.
You were listening to music and reading a book on his bed while he was rolling another joint.
"Do you really think smoking some more is a good idea?"
You asked and giggled as he had a hard time rolling this one.
He looked up at you and smiled
''its always a good idea, sweetheart."
You rolled your eyes and sat your book down. You watched Eddie for a moment and unlike all the times before, butterflies began to swarm in your belly.
You tried to brush them away but when Eddie handed you the joint and you felt his fingers brush against yours as he passed it,that electrifying feeling confirmed something you had been going back and fourth on for months.
Maybe you were just too high or that's what you wanted to think.
"Hey,Eddie?"
You asked after taking a hit
"You know if it wasn't for you I'd probably be dead. I mean life can only get so bad before you don't want to deal with it anymore."
Eddie was now invested into what you were saying and moved closer over to you then he had been earlier
"What do you mean,y/n?"
"I mean I didn't want to keep feeling the way I did. I think it wasn't by mistake I seen you in the auditorium that day."
Eddie nodded as he listened to you
"Can I tell you something?"
Eddie asked this time looking at you with a smile. Before you could nod or say yes he began to talk
"I love you. I've loved you since I first seen you." He took a pause before going on "I always thought Henderson was joking about how incredible you were. I can see that once I was blind."
You locked eyes for a second before you leaned over to kiss him. When you pulled away Eddie grabbed your hand
"And I promise you y/n I will never let you feel that way ever again. Me and you sweetheart are gonna have fun despite what life will through at us "
"Promise?"
Eddie smiled and lifted his pinky in the air for you to wrap yours around it
"I pinky promise."

Authors note

I started writing this last night and I'm so upset why would I manifest thingssss