Chapter Fifteen - Mission I

*LEILA*

I certainly didn't see that coming.

Angelica stole Demetrio's first kiss?

"Wait, how?" I asked in confusion, trying so hard to hide my smile.

He rolled his eyes when Valeria giggled like a 17-year-old. "We were once at the club with my sister and Adam, back then when they were still friends, and Angelica insisted on coming with us. She had a crush on me apparently and when she got drunk, I helped her by washing her face and making sure she was feeling okay. I don't know exactly how it happened but she thought I was going to kiss her, so she pressed her lips on mine."

Damn...

Well, that's why I hate guys who give false signals. But still, I didn't know what he gave her and what she was thinking.

"I have always told her that she was like my sister. Wasn't that a signal?"

"It was. I don't know what she thought when she did that. Besides, I know her to be someone who wants to do what's in her head," Valeria explains. "Poor, baby," Valeria adds as he tried to get out of her grasp.

"Mom! I am not a kid anymore," he said with a groan.

"So, you're still mad at her?" I asked curiously.

He sighed and said, "No, that was a long time ago. I still pretend that I still haven't got my first kiss."

He is so sweet.

"Is it that important? Your first kiss, I mean," I asked in confusion.

"Well, not really, but when I sleep around, I don't kiss. I just think it's something you do when you love someone," he explained and I nodded.

"I don't need to listen to this shit," Valeria said with a frown and got up and left.

"So, are you ready for tonight?" I asked.

"More than ready. Can't wait for fuck up Giovanni's face."

"Who said he'll be there?"

"I don't know, but I hope he will be."

There's something about Demetrio that is attractive. I didn't know whether it was the fact that he wanted to fuck Giovanni up or the fact that he was so sweet to me, despite our first encounter.

He is so loving and sweet to my baby as well.

But I knew that I wasn't there for any relationship. I was there to survive, me and my baby, and I knew I wasn't going to stay with them forever, despite what Demetrio said about me being family. It was weird how I became family in only a few weeks. I was sure I wasn't like that to Lorenzo because I had a feeling he wasn't too fond of me, but I was glad that Valeria loved me. I loved her too.

She was the mother I wished I had.

"Leila?" I heard my name being called.

"Yes?"

"I have been calling you for a while, are you okay? Did something happen to the baby?" Demetrio fired questions as he looked worriedly at me.

"No, I am good, sorry. I just zoned out," I said.

"Okay, I better get going to get ready," he said and left.

Now it was me who had to get ready.

What?

You didn't think I'd actually listen to them and stay home, did you?

* * *

I had been hiding in Demetrio's trunk for approximately thirty minutes. I had mastered it back when I was in Italy because I used to escape by hiding in one of Giovanni's men's car trunks.