Chapter Seventeen - A Huge Confrontation

*DEMETRIO*

It was the next month when it was very calm and peaceful. Nothing ever happened with Giovanni and we never heard anything from him or about him. It was as if he had vanished.

I hoped he was.

Leila and I were distant more than ever - ever since I almost kissed her that day. I knew that something like that would happen; her avoiding me.

Though, I never thought I'd start falling in love with her.

The following week Leila was going to know the gender of the baby. She was 17 weeks pregnant and even though it was more accurate to know the gender in 21 weeks, she insisted on getting checked up to see if the doctor could know the gender.

My mother told her that if it was a boy, it could appear on the screen because of their wewe.

"Demetrio!" A voice yelled.

I looked up only to see my sister looking angrily at me.

"What?"

"I have been calling you for a minute now."

"Sorry. What do you want?" I asked.

"Adam and his family are visiting tonight, so you better be here," she said, pointing her index finger at me.

"Why do I have to be here?" I asked, crossing my brows.

"Because his parents are coming and I want you to be here."

"You know I hate Angelica, I don't want to be here."

"Just tolerate her for me, please. Besides, Adam is your best friend, right?" She tried to talk me into that.

"Was, Dalilah. Was."

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked, crossing her arms above her chest. She had a murderous look on her face as if daring me to say something bad about Adam, not that I am afraid of her or anything.

"Well, he knew how I felt about him dating you and being my friend at the same time and he didn't care."

"So you're saying that he chose me over you and now you are jealous?"

"You know that's not true," I said in confusion. "Besides, it's not the only reason."

"Then what is it, Rio? Tell me."

"It's none of your business, Dalilah. Leave me alone," I said and left her standing in the living room alone.

I went to my room to clear my head. I didn't want anyone disturbing me, especially Dalilah, so I locked the door.

Cindy was lying on the bed looking all cute, so I joined her. When I tried to pick her up, she hissed at me but eventually, let me hold her.

"Ever since Leila came, you've been grumpy, Cin," I said out loud. "I kind of understand that Leila is hard to resist, but I am still your owner and love, you know that, right?"

I huffed when she didn't meow or did anything. That's one of the cons of having a cat. They don't give a shit about you, but I still love her.

"Fine, don't answer," I said with a frown.

At that exact moment, I heard a knock on the door.

"Rio?" I heard her soft voice.

I quickly put Cindy down and unlocked the door. I opened it and Leila stood behind it, looking all beautiful.

"Who were you talking to?" she asked, looking around the room until her gaze fell on Cindy.

She raised her right brow at me and before saying anything, I cut her off. "Don't ask."