Chapter Forty - Mr. & Mrs. González

•LEILA•

It felt unreal that everything was over and I was now living happily. All my life I had known one life and that was bad, toxic, and abusive. Living in this beautiful life right now made me wonder if it would ever last. I had times in the past when I thought I was happy and that nothing bad would ever happen, but it did and it ruined everything. Would it happen again now that I was happy? I didn't think I was meant to be happy; however, I wanted to believe that I would.

There I was, breastfeeding my baby girl, who was my light in that ugly yet beautiful world. Ever since I gave birth to Mia, I had promised myself to protect her and never let her live what I had lived. I wanted her to grow up with kindness and love. I wanted her to live without violence and abuse. Not that anyone here was going to do anything bad to her, but still, I would make sure that she lived happily unlike her mother.

"Are you done, baby?" I said in a baby language. Cindy was sitting beside me and trying to get my attention.

Sorry, Cindy.

Mia was done eating and she immediately fell asleep. I put her in her bed slowly and made my way towards Cindy to give her some love and attention.

I picked her up and placed her on my lap when the door opened revealing Rio. He looked at me and raised his brow.

"What?" I grinned.

"I see we have two children now." He smirked and sat beside me.

"Of course, Cindy is our daughter too, isn't she?" I replied playfully.

"Yes, she is." He chuckled and kissed me on my cheeks.

"So...I want to ask you something." He started earning a nod from me, encouraging him to continue. "Would you like to go on another date with me?" He said gently.

"Of course, I would. But what about Mia?" I asked.

"Our mothers can take care of her, don't worry." He smiled warmly.

"Then, I would gladly go on a second date with you." I licked my lips grabbing his attention on them.

"You like to play with fire, don't you?"

"I am fire, Rio," I replied and pressed my lips onto his.

* * *

The next day had arrived and it was the day that I would be going on a date with Rio. I was very nervous for some reason, I didn't know why, but maybe because I had a feeling that he would propose to me; however, I didn't think he would because if he did, he would have taken over the mafia, and I didn't think he wanted to do that now.

After feeding my daughter, I gave her to my mother and she took her to the backyard at the back of the house for a change. I went to my room and looked through my closet, trying to decide what to wear on this date. I wanted to wow him. I picked up the first dress, which was red and strapless. It was tight and shaped my body, but I couldn't wear it because my body was still recovering from birth. So, I settled on a more stretchy dress, which was white and off-shoulder. It was tight just above my belly and the rest was flowy. I placed the dress on the bed and walked to my bathroom to take a shower.

I washed my hair, and body, and shaved everywhere. After the shower, I walked into the room and started getting ready. First, I blow-dried my hair and then straighten it with my straightener. After that, I applied a very little amount of makeup that I put on every single day. When I finished my hair and makeup, I was ready to wear my dress and heels, and then wait for Rio to come.

He's probably ready.

I picked up my dress and put it on. I then grabbed my white heels and put them on as well. I snatched a small black purse from my cabinet and left the room.