Chapter Thirty- Nine - Approval

•DEMETRIO•
A few days later

"Did you get everything, baby?" I asked Leila as we were getting ready to leave the hospital.

"Yes, everything." She smiled and walked out of the room. We were on our way down when suddenly I stopped and Leila frowned at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked confusedly.

"Leila...we forgot Mia upstairs." I chuckled and a shocked expression appeared on her face.

"Oh god..." She ran and I followed her upstairs to the room we were in. Mia was actually sleeping and wasn't making any sound, so we totally forgot about her. Not that I was justifying our actions, but she's...she's new.

God, I wanted to laugh.

We entered the room and found her still sleeping. "Oh, my baby!" Leila cooed and picked her up.

"Mommy and Daddy forgot you?" She whispered with a frown. "I promise this will never happen again." She added.

I took the bag she was holding and we made our way again downstairs to the car. I put all the stuff in the trunk and Leila got into the passenger's seat.

"How did we forget her?" I asked as soon as I got in.

"I don't know...oh god, what if we become bad parents?" she asked worriedly, Mia is still sleeping in her arms.

"Don't overthink, it's okay. We are new at this." I replied gently.

"You're right. But still, we have to be super careful." She nodded and kissed Mia's forehead.

We went back home and the rest of the family was waiting for us to arrive. They saw Mia before, but they couldn't wait to see her now. My mother fell in love with her instantly and she couldn't wait to hug her. Surprisingly, my father was beyond excited to meet her and I saw his first smile in ages when he saw Mia at the hospital.

"Welcome home!" Callie yelled excitedly, earning a 'Shush' from Leila because Mia was still sleeping.

Mia opened her eyes and cried loudly. She was startled.

"Give her to me, I can calm her down." My father said while looking at Mia. Leila gave him Mia and she sat down beside the rest of the family. I too sat beside her.

"Are you feeling better?" Mateo asked his daughter.

"Much better." She smiled.

I was staring at Mateo because I wanted him to look at me. I kept staring at him until he looked at me with a questioning look.

"What?" He mouthed without grabbing anyone's attention.

"Come." I mouthed back and got up. I walked towards the back of the house, into the garden with him following me.

"What's going on?" he asked worriedly. He probably thought that there was a problem going on in the mafia.

"Uhh-I want to talk to you about something extremely important." I started hesitantly.

"Spit it out." He got impatient. Mateo had a temper like no other, not even my father.

"I-I want to...I want to ask for your approval." I swallowed hard. "I want to marry Leila," I added quickly.

He raised his brow and narrowed his eyes, and said, "No."

"No?" I frowned. What the fuck?

"You heard me. No." He challenged me.

"Well, I don't care if you said yes or no, I am going to marry her whether you like it or not. I love her and I will never let her go. Besides, I asked you out of respect." I scoffed earning an amused look from him.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He replied casually. "She's yours."

"What?" I asked. "Wait...-" I chuckled, "It was a test, wasn't it?"

"Of course it was, I needed to make sure that you will not back down from getting her even if you had to kill me." He replied with a smirk. "This way, I know you will love and protect her forever."

"Always and forever," I replied with a smile. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He nodded. "Oh and Demetrio,-" He started, "-if you hurt her, I will kill the shit out of you." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes playfully and nodded.

We went back to the living room to find chaos. My mother was fighting with Callie about Mia because both of them wanted to hold her at the same time. Neither my mother nor Callie was backing down.

"Enough!" Leila breathed in and out. "I just got out of the hospital and I am so tired, and you are fighting over MY baby?" She fake cried and I knew she was acting all this up to gain their attention and stop them from fighting.

I smirked.

"Oh baby, I am so sorry!" Callie sat beside her daughter and hugged her.

"Me too, I am sorry, Leila. You are right." My mother said and patted Leila's back.

"Excuse me, I want to steal Leila and my daughter for a while," I said, grabbing Leila's arm and taking my daughter from my father, and leaving to our room.

On our way up, I praised Leila for the incredible work that she did downstairs. She truly was an amazing actress.

We entered our room and were greeted by Cindy.

Gosh, I felt like I hadn't seen her in a long time.

"Baby!" Leila picked Cindy up and hugged her tightly, but not tight enough to choke her. "I've missed you." She kissed the top of her head.

I put Mia on her baby bed and surprisingly, she was quiet. She's a good girl. I walked toward my future wife and hugged her from the back. I kissed her neck and then Cindy's head.

"I have missed you," I murmured. She let Cindy go, and Cindy jumped on Mia, but we made sure she wasn't doing anything out of the blue. She was just sitting beside Mia.

"I have missed you a lot. I missed us and our alone time." She whispered back and hugged me tightly.

"I can't wait to have more kids with you," I whispered earning a giggle from her.

"We can do that soon." She licked her bottom lip and winked at me.

"Yea...we could do that," I smirked and captured her lips with a passionate kiss.

* * *