He is mine

Prologue

My name is Alice, Alice Hawthorn and I am a werewolf. Shocking, isn’t it? The truth can do that to you. The world is full of unlimited possibilities and I’m one of it. Werewolves are not solitary creatures by nature, we come in packs and every pack has an alpha, beta and third in command. It sounds like the military, trust me, its right about the same. Wolves like us have destined mates, soul mates and I’m taking the time to write about mine.

I’m the soul mate to my alpha, Richard, but there is something wrong about our relationship. He was forty, married, mated to the nicest female on earth and has a twelve-year-old son. I was seventeen, underage, with a drinking and partying problem (the usual teenager dilemma) and seldom comes home either sober or drunk. But really, whom was I coming home to, a family? My only family is my brother and sister, even they left the town to pursue their career. I was alone.

Being the youngest child and having age difference of ten and eight years from my siblings can do that to someone. But don’t assume I was like this since the beginning, I am not-so-proud to say I was the perfect kid a parent could want, heck I even had braces. Well, at least these bad boys are straight now (worth it). It went down hill after my parents died in a rogue attack. My father was the beta and he died trying to protect mom, well that didn’t work, did it?

They left us, well now me a fairly large amount of inheritance and a huge mansion we grew up in. Rebecca and Owen, my brother and sister, decided they could survive by themselves and left all of it all to me. It was under Rebecca’s name but she entrusted it to me, for school and other necessities where I needed the money. Yes, I was alone but by no means was I head deep in misery and hatred. I love my siblings and they love me too. They just decided to up and left cause ‘I’m such a responsible and mature teenager’. There was a heck load of wrong in that sentence.

Anyway, I was way off topic. Back to my soul mate, gosh he is so drool worthy, some might find it weird I’m mated to a man double my age but really, who was I to question who the wolf spirits blessed me with. I wasn’t in love with him, no, it takes way more than ‘oh, he’s my mate, yipee’ to make someone fall in love but the attraction was definitely there.

I love how he only has his eyes on me whenever we’re in the same room or when we stare at each other longingly when we passed each other. Romantic comments aside, cons are he’s married and a loving father. He won’t cheat on his wife (or so he thought) and honestly, I would love to get rid of his wife. As you can see, I’m not like those usual damsels in stories, I actually have a heart and my heart (and wolf) wanted our mate.

There was nothing that can stop us from getting what we want.