Maybe the females are cannibals and had eaten their spouses

Chapter fourteen

“Hi! Oh my gawd, you are gorgeous!” I smiled awkwardly; let’s just say that Ryan’s mother is a bit…eccentric. But that’s just my first impression. My eyes widen as she takes me into her embrace.

“Finally my Ryan takes his girlfriend home!!” She squealed excitedly. Oh and she’s French by the way she talks with an elegant accent.

“Uh mom, seriously not here and she’s not my girlfriend.” Her mother immediately pulls away with a—dare I say—cute frown.

“But she’s a girl and she’s your friend, oui?” She still hasn’t let go of me though.

“Er yea but…”

“Then she’s your girlfriend!” She quickly concluded, tugging me by my wrist into her home which I had been in before during the party where I woke up in their bathroom. Good ol’ three headed shower.

“Come, come! Ladies, my Ryan’s girl, isn’t she just a doll?”

I was being ambushed. Or it looks like it.

That was the only way I could describe the group of mid aged women fawning over me. They were turning me left and right saying stuff that jumbled up into one loud noise.

Oh, I see stars.

“Now ladies, I believe she is getting overwhelmed!” I’m actually relieved to hear Ryan’s mom’s voice.

“Everyone this is…oh, I forgot to ask your name…”

“A-Alice.” I smiled though it came out as a grimace.

“Alice? Like Alice in wonderland! Magnifique!” She beamed, sitting me down onto a stool. Once I sat down did I notice there were girls that looked about my age there as well.

“Alice, this is family, yes? Ma famille. My sisters and their daughters.” Wow, what a big family with a LOT of females. Made me wonder where all the males were…maybe the females are cannibals and had eaten their spouses.

“Um…nice to meet you all.” It was a wave of hellos.

I can see the family bond there.

“What are your thought on marriage?” I gawped blankly. Whaaa…where did that come from? Ryan’s mother asked me the most ridiculous question; I’m only seventeen for god sakes.

“Its…great?”

“Oh! They are getting married!” My eyes bulged and not in a good way. More like get me away from this zealous woman way. How does my thought on marriage have anything to do with me actually getting married?!

“Um, no—”

“Mom, seriously stop bothering Alice. She’s not my girlfriend and we’re not getting married.” Ryan leaned against the doorway of the kitchen and I sighed with relief. Finally, a way out!

“Where’s Robby?” I asked him since he was with Robby since we parted.

“Oh, he’s playing with my cousins, kids his age.” He smiled, sitting onto a stool and the many ladies in the room immediately made a fuss. Something about female bonding time?

He picked up a cookie and ate it nonchalantly, making no attempts of leaving or acknowledging the protests.

His mother rolled her eyes and continued stirring the next batch of cookie dough. I suddenly felt awkward because most of them are actually doing something in the kitchen and I was sitting here like a lazy fat ass.

When I saw the sink pilling up with dirty dishes I immediately took the opportunity.

“No! Sit, sit.” His mother scolded but I insisted. It just doesn’t feel right if I don’t. I might not grow up to be the perfect housewife but I know my manners. After finishing up the rest of the dishes, we all headed outside, some carrying desserts, appetizers and beverages.