I swear i cannot catch a break.

Chapter nineteen.

THIS IS ON THE SAME DAY AS THE LAST CHAPTER ONLY IT’S IN RICHARD’S POV. WE GET TO SEE WHAT HE’S BEEN UP TO. SOME OF YOU MIGHT NOT NOTICE BUT ALICE IS NOT PREGNANT.

Richard’s POV.

“FUCK!” I cursed as the evening ray blinded my eyes. I closed them and slowly peeled them open once they’ve adjusted to the son of a bitch. Christ, the headache. I sighed and sluggishly heaved my heavy frame to the window and roughly pulled the lapels of the curtains together. I didn’t realize it was that late.

Who was the fucking genius that opened it anyway?

When I went back—tried to get back—on the couch, my foot tripped over the carpet and I went down easy, like a pinball. I groaned and shifted so I wasn’t in an awkward position on the floor anymore.

My hand eased over my immensely hangover-ed face in an attempt to wipe out the images of Alice, replaying in my head over and over again. 

“What the fuck am I doing?”

“Being a total loser, that’s what.”

My face turned to the door, Delilah stood there, tanner than when I last saw her with her hands crossed over her chest. Pissed off was an understatement.

“What are you doing here?” I frowned, the familiar sensation of nausea swept over me and I rushed to the bathroom. I puked my guts out then rinsed my mouth after.

“Pathetic.” 

“Fuck off.”

“Like I said, pathetic. What are you doing to yourself? I don’t think alcohol poisoning work on werewolves. Or is this your attempt at suicide? You just have to tell me, i might even tag team myself in.” I sighed and leaned against the sink, head facing the bathroom floor.

“Come on.” She tugged my wrist and led me to our bedroom—my bedroom now.

“Sit.” I did so obediently.

“This hobo look of yours doesn’t become you, Richard.” I shrugged, falling back onto the bed.

“I don’t care.”

“What about Alice? I’m sure she cares.”

“She left.” Delilah arched her brow, sending me a nonchalant look.

“That’s why the pack is in ruins? Cause you’re a spineless bastard?” I snarled at her.

“Down boy, you can’t avoid the truth. You’re the alpha of these lands, if you have trouble finding your mate then you don’t deserve that title. The Richard I know is a strong leader and a loving man. What happened to him?”