Did my story flipped your crazy switch?

Yea, I could've done better. Sorry people.

Chapter twenty-seven

Despite, kicking the elders aside I realized that I have more work on my shoulders in order to actually receive mutual respect from the pack than forcibly demand it from them. Richard, being the alpha had no problem resuming his position and he had no qualms that I, the pack's pariah would be fine.

Although, he promised me his backup whenever I needed him.

Nonetheless, I'm not that pathetic. That and my pride was too big to accept his help. But I assured him I will.

"That's her. What a slut." The whisperings were just the cherry on top of my scandalous sundae. Walking down the pavement, with my head held high I manage to just ignore them. Nothing new actually.

The day after our private discussion with the pack elders, Richard called in a pack meeting to announce the news. Saying they didn't take it too nicely was an understatement. They adored Delilah and all of her luna like qualities rather than the wild and loose pup like me.

But they were right. I was wild. I was loose. But that had been just that...was. I changed because of Richard and to be accepted as his mate would be worthwhile. He showed me that I was needed and not alone.

To me, that was everything.

Everyone deserves a second chance. Both Richard and I deserve a second chance in the form of each other. He might've been a complete idiot back then when he treated me like I'm some dirty little secret and I might've been a complete idiot to allow him and run away like a coward.

If I were to list all his and mine's flaw, it would take forever but you don't get a choice who you fall in love with. You just do and you have to embrace that feeling with all the strength you got.

Otherwise, it'll leave you feeling empty and miserable.

I felt it before and I never want to feel it again.

This weekend's going to be the busiest week of my life. It was the full moon festival and our pack had been chosen as the patron pack. All packs around the country would gather here and celebrate.

It also serves as a match making festival. Newly transitioned wolves would gather on the wide field under the full moon and shift with the hopes of finding their other half. Then, the elders would join and they would all enter the woods, either hunting or have a good run with their family and loved ones.

At midnight we would divulge in a feast in the name of the wolf spirits.

The yearly festival helps bond the packs and strengthen our bond with our wolves. Great for visiting packs but terrible for the host! There's a bunch of things to do and another bunch of things that could and might go wrong. For the weather, we held another ritual that helps clear the sky. I mean an obstructed full moon ruins everything.

The morning before the big night, wolves would start pouring in from every part of the country. So we have to store as much food as possible to last the night or two if some decided to stay a day after. Usually the really distant packs.

Then there needs to be a babysitting schedule since some might bring the younger pups with them. Fortunately, the pregnant females can stay the whole night with them since they can't shift and their males fill the patroling roles in case hunters or rouges decided to take on the entire country's wolf packs.

Then there's the chaperones, also known as the parents to the recently shifted pups. They prevent the passionate pups from...you know...mating like horny bunnies. We are half human, there are rules to mating in this festival. Like the male meets the female's parents first to get their approval before bringing her to meet the alpha of the female's pack then would only her bring her to meet his parents and his alpha.