You are killing me with both desire and humour

OKAY! Listen up, ya'lls. There is a R-Rated part but there will be notification when you reach it! So kids, go to bed!!! Adults may proceed, okay? Other warnings are like um...unedited...don't copy my story and other stuff. Just same old stuff. ENJOY!

Chapter twenty-four

“Where are we?” I asked, almost pressing my face against the car window if it wasn’t for me feeling to embarrassed to do so. I turned to look at Richard as he smiled at my curiosity.

“Have I ever told you how adorable you are?” He chuckled.

“Um…no.” I blushed, like someone super glued cherries on my cheeks.

“Well, better late than never. I’ll always remind you how adorable you are to me.” I swallowed the lump in my throat, the one that makes me want to cry.

I smiled at him. “And I’ll always remember.” He placed a kiss on my knuckles again.

We arrived at a…fancy restaurant and tears threatened to escape. He never brought me to a fancy restaurant before…or a date for that matter. I quickly swiped a tear that escaped before Richard noticed.

“Do you like it?”

I nodded. “The place looks amazing.” And there are actual people and I don’t need to feel scared or worried that we’ll be caught red-handed.

This feels wonderful.

Richard came to my side and opened my door then handing the keys to the valet. The valet handed him a card. He offered me his arm and I immediately took it, loving the closeness.

“Welcome to Le Carte.”

“Dinner reservations under Crosby.” I peered at him from under my lashes and saw that he was staring at me. I blushed, feeling like a young teenager caught stealing again.

“Follow me.” We followed the waiter as he led us to a VIP room. My heart fell into my stomach. Did I make a haste decision after all? Did Maddy thought wrong? I was about to bail out of here when Richard caught the look on my face.

“I—I’m…fine.” No, I’m not fine. If you know me, you would know Richard!

“No you’re not.” It eased a bit of my ‘run out of here like a crazy woman’ thoughts. “Don’t you like it?” He asked, bending to my height to stare me right in the eyes.

I slowly shook my head. “I just feel like you’re hiding us again.”

He sighed, at I thought he was frustrated with me but then he looked at me with regret. “I’m so sorry. Damn it, I screwed up again. I though you would like the privacy. I’m really sorry, Alice.” He stood up straight and ordered the waiter for a table outside, at the regular dining area.

The waiter hesitates. “I’m sorry sir but it’s a full house tonight.”

“Then, we’ll switch.” Richard was holding my hand reassuringly the whole time they discussed.

 “Then, right this way sir, madam.” We followed him and he discussed with the couple at the table near the window, the one with an amazing view of outside. The couple agreed immediately.

Richard pulled the chair for me and seated himself after. He also took the initiative to order for me. He selected a very expensive bottle of red wine to go with the steak. I smiled at him after he finished ordering, it reminds me of the old days.

He would sometimes make me breakfast in bed at four in the morning since he would slip back into his house at five. It was one of my fondest memories. Not the affair thing but the breakfast thing.