The only thing I'm going to bang is a bottle of tequila.

Chapter eight

I slumped onto the ground, he was gone, I muffled a sob, he was gone! Grace must be with him, the warm feeling of relief flooded my senses completely as I squeezed my eyes closed. I gathered up the pieces of my confidence back together and righted my clothes, though my jeans had dark red smudges to them.

I didn’t fucking care. Grace has Dyron for protection and that’s all that matters. How could I let my stupid cowardly self prevent her happiness? She eloped, they eloped and I was going to be fine with it. I was going to back them up. Though the emptiness that came with Grace’s disappearance might need a little getting used to.

In a sense, it was my punishment for causing Grace such pain.

When I got back to the house, I immediately went back to Grace’s room. The tray needs to be taken downstairs and the windows need to be closed. I walked into the room and bent down to pick up the tray when a piece of paper peeking out from under the sheets caught my eyes.

I slowly made my way to the bed and hesitantly sat down. I stared at the paper for what seemed a long time before reaching out and unfolding it.

Hey bestie,

If you found this letter then that means I ran away. I’m going to save my mate. I know you more than you know yourself and I’m so sure you would be coming after me, hunting me down or whatever but I want to say. No! You sit your ass back down wherever you are and you let me handle this like the grown woman I am!

I love you so much Ace, you know I do, you’re my sister and I’m sorry for leaving you alone by yourself in this weird, ugly looking but peaceful town. Even when I’m not there with you, my mind will always be there. Mind stalking your every move…

But seriously, you know I’ve been indecisive my whole life and this is the only choice I feel wholly confident I want to do. I just want to be with my mate. Please don’t let this drift us apart, maybe I’ll email you once in a while. But hey, if I get caught, I might as well suffer your wraith and embarrass myself for writing this epic letter then.

One last thing, when I’m gone I want you to be like me…sort of. Fight for something you love. Lately, you looked happy and sometimes you don’t seem like you’re there with me, your mind is somewhere else. I bet it’s a guy. Is he cute, hot, and devilishly handsome with an edible ass? He must be, I won’t let any average guy get his hands on my bestie.

And how come you won’t come out with it? But as you fav person in the world, I’m not mad you kept it a secret from me. Instead I want you to be happy, grab him by the neck and don’t let go, mess him up so bad he’ll be begging for more. Sorry, just had a Connor Maynard moment…

He must be your mate. That’s the only conclusion I came up with. I’m so happy for you Ace. So very happy, we can both be happy for each other (if I succeed). Well, I guess this is it.

Wish me luck!

Sincerely,

Your Gracie :)

It was hard to make me cry, though I cried when I found out about mom and dad, I cried when I found out about Richard but nothing else did the trick. I didn’t cry when Rebecca and Owen left, I didn’t cry when I felt alone and useless instead I partied harder, drank myself to oblivion and other things I wasn’t ashamed about cause it was how I cope.

Grace was my rock. She nursed my short but painful hangovers and she made a night in jail fun like a sleep over. She was my very own sunshine and I was very protective of her. At first she was like a leech, always sticking to my side in kindergarten but slowly she grew on me. She was always smiling, tripping over invisible bugs and doing the silliest things.