Jail look is totally hip these days.

Chapter seven

“I did all I could, I’m so sorry Grace.”

“No! No!!!!” I bit my lower lip, softly patting her back as she cried herself to oblivion under her duvet cocoon. She had tried everything to stop the defenders from dragging Dyron away, she kicked, screamed and even bit one of the defender’s arm. In the end, out of pure desperation, she feel onto her knees, clutching onto the defender’s leg.

I swear my heart broke.

She has to see reason, Dyron’s a rogue and not even Grace can stop him from being what he is, a cold blooded murderer.

I managed to bring her home and when we reached her room, she doved under the covers, and been mopping like this since.

Which was yesterday.

“Gracie, just talk to me. He’s not going to die. I promise you!” She continued to ignore me, tugging the sheets around her tighter. I knew a hopeless cause when I see one and I decided to leave her alone in peace.

I didn’t realise how hard she would take this. Deep down a tiny fraction of girl was eating my heart inside out, even so, I can’t trust him. The little girl who had her parents brutally murdered by rogues in me wasn’t convinced. Not yet.

I’ll give him a week, the least. Till then, he’ll be test to his limits. I made sure of it.

I had to go to the bank to deposit money in Owen’s account but then I’ll have to leave Grace alone. Owen didn’t really need the money but he was still in university and the money was also his, I like to think of it as my obligation. I would’ve usually called Chad, that’s not appropriate anymore. Her parent’s aren’t home from the business trip yet and I have no one else to ask. Actually there is one other person…

I fished out my phone and dialled the house number.

“Hello!”

“Robby? It’s me Ace, listen, is luna home?”

“Ace! You have to come over soon. Mum and dad are boring! Yea, she’s home, wait a sec.” The line went silent as Robby went to fetch his mother.

“Alice?”

“Sorry to interrupt luna but I’m in a pinch right now. I have to go to the bank for Owen and I don’t want to leave Grace alone with her circumstances.”

“I heard and to such a bright girl, don’t worry in don’t mind. I’ll be there in a jiffy!”

“Thank you, goodbye.”

I hung up and took another glance of Grace’s closed door. “Grace? I’m leaving but I’ll be right back!”

Silence, I figured much.

I waited in line to use the ATM machine as well as the other five people in front of me cause apparently the other three ATM machine were determined to be bitches. This is going to take a while, I sighed.