(Ch.22) Added Security

-Nancy POV-

I walked downstairs after waking up, yawning and scratching my back, i looked towards the door and shivered slightly, it had been a week since the robbery and we were all still pretty shaken up, Mindy especially, that bastard would of done unspeakable things if Jade hadn't shown up, Mindy hasnt left his side since, she was always around him before but after what happened she feels unsafe without him near her " hey Nancy... " I heard a familiar voice say, I turned around and saw Mindy, well speak of the adorable devil herself, she had a look of worry on her face " yes Mindy? " I asked softly, she seemed nervous " do you know where senpai is...? He wasn't there when I woke up.. " she said as her look of worry worsened " unfortunately I don't, but how about I call him? And we'll find out where he is together " I said bringing out my phone, I didn't even know where Jade was, he usually never leaves without telling us, she nodded and walked over to me, patiently waiting, I went to my contacts and began calling him.

*ring* *ring* *rin-*

"Hello?" Jade answered

"Jade it's Nancy, Mindy woke up and was worried when she noticed you weren't there, so I called you to see where you went" I said as Mindy got closer to the phone upon hearing his voice

"Hello senpai..." she said as the worry slowly faded from her face

"Hi Mindy! Sorry for leaving out of the blue, I ran to the store real quick, I'll be home soon" he said as the sound of cars and wind could be heard in the background

"Okay, we'll see you soon, say bye Mindy" I said smiling

"Bye.." she said finally seeming relaxed, well as relaxed as she can be, I can tell she's still not okay with Jade not being with her

"Bye girls!" He said before hanging up

(Authors note: I'm aware this is a weird way to do a phone call, please don't judge me lol)

After hanging up the phone I put it back in my pocket, Mindy had already went to couch and sat down, waiting for Jade to show up, I walked over and sat beside her " how are you feeling Mindy? " I asked looking over at her, she was quiet for a moment before answering " I'm better than before... I'm still really scared and don't like being away from senpai but... I know he has work and other things to do... the thought of him coming back usually helps but I can't help but keep remembering what happened.... I've had nightmares.. thankfully he is there to calm me down... without him I don't know how I'd be able to handle this fear.... I'm thankful for you girls to... you've all been so nice to me.. thank you...." she said honestly, her face slightly red from the developing blush.

I was a little lost for words, I don't know if I've ever heard Mindy express herself like this, I do understand where she's coming from though, Jade has helped us all out so much in different ways, he's a great support system and I'm glad Mindy has him to talk to, I'm glad he's here for all of us, without him or the girls I'd be sitting at home alone, no one to talk to, no one to love, I'd be lonely, and I think all the girls feel the same. Me and Mindy watched TV until we heard the sound of the doorknob turning, we both got paranoid for a few seconds before Jade opened the door with a few grocery bags " Hi girls! " He said smiling, Mindy immediately stood up and walked over to him " h-hi.. " she said shyly " sorry for leaving you alone like that, I had to go to the store for some necessities " he said chuckling nervously " it's okay... w-what did you get from the store? " she asked as they both walked to the couch.

" I got some snacks and juice, some new kitchen appliances cause ours are kinda worn down, and some high tech security cameras " he said pulling each item out as he named them off " security cameras? How much did those cost? " I asked while picking up a box of honey buns and opening it, Mindy grabbed a box of oreo pop tarts and opened it " the cameras alone were about $350, they can pick up voices and have good enough quality, I'm gonna set em up around the outside of the house and inside the house as well " he said as he opened the box of cameras " $350? That's not a bad price " I said taking a bite of a honey bun " yea I got a good deal, I'm gonna start setting these up, you girls enjoy your snacks " he said before standing up and walking outside with the box of cameras.