4- He'll Be Torn Apart

Luke and Leia moved to the very back behind the stairs. The twins were unseen by anyone else. They watched as Anakin and Obi-Wan talked to the Chancellor.

'That's him' said to Leia, 'that's the emperor'

'That's what I felt. I felt this terrible fear when I looked at him. That was you?' Leia said to Luke looking at him.

He nodded as Leia looked empathetically at him.

They watched as Obi-Wan and Anakin turned and looked at the balcony above them. Their faces changed as they saw what or rather who was there.

"This time we will do it together," Obi-Wan says quietly. Luke almost didn't hear him.

"I was about to say that," Anakin said.

The man they were looking at dropped from the balcony. Luke immediately knew what he was. He had felt this before.

'He's a sith lord,' Luke said.

'Oh my, can they handle him,' Leia asked, watching the men stare at each other.

'If they can't, I'll help them though they are more experienced than I am' Luke said.

***

"Get help, you're no match for him. He's a sith lord" Chancellor said.

"Chancellor Palpatine, sith lords are our specialty," Obi-Wan said.

Obi-Wan and Anakin threw off their cloaks and ignited their lightsabers.

'How dramatic' Leia said ducking when a droid looked at them.

"Your swords, please, master jedi. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor," Count Dooku said as Obi-Wan and Anakin made their way toward him.

"You won't get away this time, Dooku," Obi-Wan said.

Luke and Leia watched the exchange as they contemplated intervening. Luke felt the pull of battle and the rush to help. He couldn't however. The fear that the emperor gave off was overpowering and he couldn't just brush it off. Like old wounds being reopened. This man had almost killed him. He was almost electrocuted to death while laying on the floor helpless.

'We can't just sit here' Leia said, looking at luke.

"If they need us, Leia" Luke whispered out loud.

Leia shuttered watching them men start a battle.

"I've been looking forward to this," Count Dooku said.

"My powers have doubled since the last time we met, count," Anakin said.

"Good, twice the pride, double the fall" he responded.

The jedis lunged at the sith and they started to fight them. They destroy droids that had started coming after them. Eventually Obi-Wan was thrown over the balcony by the Count, knocking him out.

"Damn it, get to Ben Leia" Luke said and they ran out.

Anakin fought Dooku in a blind rage. The duel led to Anakin cutting his hands and summoning Dooku's lightsaber to his hand.

He trained the lightsabers at his neck hesitantly.

Luke slid to a stop watching the emperor or at least the man who would become the emperor laugh.

"Good, Anakin, good. I knew you could do it. Kill him kill him now" Palpatine said.

"I shouldn't," Anakin said hesitantly.

Luke looked from his young father to the man who would corrupt him. Waiting restlessly for Anakin to dismiss him.

"Do it" Palpatine says forcefully.