70- Some I Had To Leave Behind

Leia stood up holding her head and rubbing the tiredness from eyes. She was exhausted from the lack of sleep and the injuries she had sustained when she fought Kadina. Usually, she would have been fine without sleeping or eating for days. She'd remembered countless times she did it before. She remembered Luke telling her that using the Force sometimes takes your energy faster than a fight would. Now, she regretted fighting Kadina, but what else could she have done. Not fight?

She looked between the men, waiting for one to speak. They both looked as shocked as the other. Obi-Wan looked as if he had seen a ghost, but Anakin only looked confused, hurt.

Anakin kept his eyes on Obi-Wan, watching his expression soften.

"You... You're really here" Obi-Wan said, taking a step towards him.

Anakin nodded, keeping his eyes empathetic. He looked at Leia making sure she was alright. He could tell she was tired, if the bags under her eyes were any indication. She looked like she had been through a lot and for a moment he felt like it was his fault. Anakin looked back at Obi-Wan now, his expression still weary.

"Yeah..." Anakin said, shrugging his shoulders.

"I thought i was past nightmares" Obi-Wan commented.

"I'm real" Anakin said, grabbing Obi-Wans shoulder.

He flinched away, his eyes flicking to Anakins hand on his shoulder.

"No... You died... i saw you die" Obi-Wan said and looked back at Anakin, "I was there..."

"Mustafar? The lava planet?" Anakin asked, raising an eyebrow, "Yes you're right, but i'm different. I'm not Vader".

"No... you're.... Anakin?" Obi-Wan breathed, "My Anakin"

"Yes" Anakin responded, and shrugged slightly, "I am. Well i am from a different time, it seems. One where Vader was prevented from existing".

"Impossible" Obi-Wan said, backing up to look at him fully.

Leia took a step infront of them both, mainly looking at Anakin.

"I don't mean to break up this tender moment..." Leia said, "but I still need to find my brother".

Leia stood between them now with her arms crossed

"Brother?" Obi-Wan questioned, "Who is he?"

"I'm sure you know him" Leia said, "Luke?"

"That makes you... Leia?" he said.

"Yes" Leia said softly.

"Well you've grown a bit since I last saw you" he said.

"I'm from a different time" Leia said, "I was trying to get home".

"Very well" he said, "I guess.... i will leave you to it".

Obi-Wan took another look at Anakin, "Forgive me old friend".

Anakin nodded and they watched Obi-Wan mount his animal and disappear behind the sand dunes.

Anakin watched for a long time. Leia didn't have the heart to break him away from it. It would have been a different story if she was stuck with someone else. She'd put on her General demeanor and whip them into shape.

"Now what?" Anakin asked.

"We're able to move through different timelines by thinking of people, but we cant choose what time we find them in.  We had been in normal ones until we landed in a time where Luke and i were Siths" Leia shook her head, "Lukes still hurt pretty bad and now that were seperated i dont know what will happen".