64- Don't Wait For Luck

"Luke"

Leia's voice woke him up. She stared down at him as if she had been there for a while. She backed up a bit with an embarrassed look on her face. Luke raised an eyebrow at her, but it seemed as if she didn't notice it.

"What's going on?" He asked as he sat up and looked around, "Where are we?"

Leia leaned her back against the wall and examined Luke for a moment. He looked healthy and alert, but she could feel that he was going through pain. It came in spurts that were almost unnoticeable.

"Cal wanted to go back to the temple to see if there was anything there that could help us" Leia said and sighed, "Cere told me that we should go meet him there".

Luke nodded brushing his hair back. She noticed his hair had grown longer. The last time he had cut it was when they were sent back in time to save their father.

"I never realized how curly your hair is" Leia said and chuckled, "You keep it too short".

"Exactly the reason i cut it" Luke said, rolling his eyes to himself, "It gets annoying".

"You know your hair really isn't that bad. Maybe I could braid it if you let it grow a little bit more" Leia said with a small chuckle.

"Don't you have Hans hair to braid?" Luke asked.

"He hates when I try and braid his hair" Leia said, and chuckled lightly, "Chewie actually likes when i braid his hair, but Han likes the gruff and scary look".

"Chewie scary?" Luke questioned and laughed, "I don't think such a thing exists".

"Please let it grow out" Leia pleaded, "Its not fun just braiding my own hair".

"Fine you can braid my hair" Luke said, "maybe when we get home".

Leia smiled like she had won something. Luke smiled as well and walked over to the work bench. He grabbed his weapon belt and turned back to Leia.

She was frowning now.

'What's wrong?'

Leia looked at him and sighed deeply. She plopped down on where Luke had been sleeping and started threading her fingers through the loose fabric pieces of her shirt.

She felt rather nervous as she thought of a reply. She had seen Luke immediately hold his side when he got up. She felt horrible about how it happened. On some parts, she still blamed herself for how he got hurt.

Though instead of telling the truth, she lied.

"Gosh everything's so complicated" Leia said with a huff of annoyance, "Remember the simpler times when i was always getting kidnapped... or when we didn't know we were related".

Luke chuckled, "It had to get hard at some point... What... do you think about Cal?"

"He seems... like a Jedi" Leia said, gesturing with her hand.

"I heard about him while i was looking for the parts for my lightsaber. When Han was... captured" Luke said, "I only knew about how he faced two inquisitors".

"Like Reva?" Leia asked.

"Yeah... like her" Luke said, after taking a moment to process her question, "He also had an encounter with... Vader".

"We should get going" Leia said, after getting over the surprise, "Cere said it might take us a while to get to the temple".

Luke nodded and they exited the room.

"Excuse me..." Said Merrin.

She stood away from the two. Luke and Leia turned to face her. Her expression was normal and could be described as calm. She wore a red garment and her hair was done up into a bun.

"If you are telling the truth and you actually can go back in time... Can i ask something of you?" She asked.

"It depends" Luke said and looked at Leia.

"Well... I come from a planet called Dathomir and someone attacked my people long ago" She spoke softly, "I just... I'd never ask this if I didn't mean it but is there any way you can... stop them".

Luke sighed and gave a glance to Leia.

"Merrin... right?" Leia asked and took a stepped towered her.

"Yes" she answered.

Leia sighed, "what happened to your people?".

"A machine bearing light-sabers destroyed my sisters" Merrin said.

"Luke?" Leia said.

Luke sighed, but smiled kindly.

"We'll do what we can" Luke said.

Merrin nodded and stepped back from the door.

Luke and Leia walked out of the ship and looked around at the planet.

"Where are we?" Like asked, gazing upon the stormy sky and building covered in moss.

"Zeffo" Leia responded, "I've never been here".

"Did you get a map?" Luke asked, "We might get lost here".

"We didn't get lost on Endor. We won't get lost here" Leia said and started walking to the doors.

Luke chuckled and followed behind his sister.

"At least slow down Leia" Luke yelled and started jogging to keep up with her.

"Hows that wound of yours" Leia asked once he caught up to her.

"Whatever Obi-Wan did helped" Luke said, "I don't know how long it will last though".

Leia stopped, pulling Luke's arm to stop with her. She stared at him for a moment and looked down.

"Look... I'm sorry for being so hard on you back there" Leia said, "You know I care about you... and I hate it when you just... run into danger".

"You do the same thing!" Luke said with a chuckle.

"Yeah but I'm the smarter of the two of us" Leia said lifting her head a bit.

"Yeah... but that is what happens when you grow up a princess and the other grows up in a farm" Luke said.

Leia's face fell.

"I didn't mean to offend" Luke said.

"You didn't... I just..." Leia said and sighed, "I wish I could have grown up with you. We could have had more time to get to know each other. To have those sibling fights about leaving a door open or stealing each others stuff... but no... we fight about an organic mind control device and a lightsaber wound caused by a man who's basically our uncle".

"You don't know that won't happen" Luke said, "once we... figure out why we can't get back. Fix that and go home... we could be different people. Imagine it for a second...".

"Luke" she protested.

"Just close your eyes and imagine it" Luke said.

Leia huffed but closed her eyes.

"Imagine us how we are now" Luke said, "we're both Jedi Knights. Our mother is the proudest she's ever been and our father is one of the most respected Jedi Masters. He was the one who trained us as jedis. Obi-Wans there as well. He was always there in our childhood like a third parent. We're happy".

Leia opened her eyes too look at Luke again and smiled.

"See... that made you smile again" Luke said.

"Oh please... I was just imagining I was a better Jedi than you" Leia said.

"Yeah right" Luke said smugly.

They laughed together and continued walking along the path. It felt better to stay light hearted during this. All their worries and problems were a distant memory. Something they could worry about later.