13- The Darker Side of Me

A few weeks ago

Anakin and Obi-Wan were walking through the Jedi temples. The buzzed with activity as other passed in both hurried and patient paces. anakin is angry at the distrust of the Jedi Council.

"What kind of nonsense is this, put me on the Council and not make me a Master!?? That's never been done in the history of the Jedi. It's insulting!" Anakin said angerly.

"Calm down, Anakin. You have been given a great honor. To be on the Council at your age... It's never happened before. Listen to me, Anakin. The fact of the matter is you're too close to the Chancellor. The Council doesn't like it when he interferes in Jedi affairs." Obi-Wan said.

"I swear to you, I didn't ask to be put on the Council..." Anakin said.

"But it's what you wanted! Your friendship with Chancellor Palpatine seems to have paid off".
"That has nothing to do with this"
"Anakin, regardless of how it happened, you find yourself in a delicate situation".
"You mean divided loyalties".
"I warned you there was tension between the Council and the Chancellor. I was very clear. Why didn't you listen? You walked right into it".
"The Council is upset I'm the youngest to ever serve".
"No, it is not. Anakin, I worry when you speak of jealousy and pride. Those are not Jedi thoughts. They're dangerous, dark thoughts".
"Master, you of all people should have confidence in my abilities. I know where my loyalties lie".
"I hope so...".
"I sense there's more to this talk than you're saying".
"Anakin, the only reason the Council has approved your appointment is because the Chancellor trusts you".
" And?"
"Anakin, look, I am on your side. I didn't want to see you put in this situation".
"What situation?"

Obi-Wan took a deep breath and faced anakin, "The Council wants you to report on all of the Chancellor's dealings. They want to know what he's up to".

"They want me to spy on the Chancellor? That's treason!" Anakin said stunned.

Obi-Wan nodded, "We are at war, Anakin. The Jedi Council is sworn to uphold the principles of the Republic, even if the Chancellor does not".

"Why didn't the Council give me this assignment when we were in session?" Anakin asked, "Did you tell them about Luke and Leia? i thought you sai...".

"Anakin, i would never. I swear on my life" Obi-Wan sighed, "This assignment is not to be on record. The Council asked me to approach you on this personally".

"The Chancellor is not a bad man, Obi-Wan. He befriended me. He's watched out for me ever since I arrived here" Anakin said.

"That is why you must help us, Anakin. Our allegiance is to the Senate, not to its leader who has managed to stay in office long after his term has expired" Obi-Wan said.

"Master, the Senate demanded that he stay longer" Anakin said.

"Yes, but use your feelings, Anakin" Obi-Wan said, "Something is out of place".

"You're asking me to do something against the Jedi Code. Against the Republic. Against a mentor... and a friend. That's what's out of place here. Why are you asking this of me?" Anakin said.

"The Council is asking you" Obi-Wan said.

Anakin sighed and lowered his head.

"Like i said i wanted to talk" Obi-Wan said in a lowered voice.

"And we will, but for now i have to get home" Anakin said.

Obi-wan sighed. Ever since they discovered Luke and Leia were Anakins children, obi-wan questioned things he had believed about anakin. Of course he had an idea about Padme and him, it was the fact he knew Anakin would turn to the dark side. Then he couldn't help feel that it would somehow be his fault. He was Anakin's master and closest friend, but Anakin felt he couldn't tell him about his relationship.