6- I Have Died Every Day

Luke and Leia watched Anakin talk to Obi-Wan. They stayed close to each other, becoming each other's defense if one of them decided they weren't to be trusted. They seemed so close and the bond between them was stronger than Luke thought they would be. Luke could feel the concern and love they felt for each other. The same love he felt for Leia or Han. A sibling bond that was impossible to break. Even when he didn't know Leia was his sister, he felt the bond. Though embarrassingly, he had thought it to be romantic.

Leia stepped forward to stand with Anakin. He turns and politely smiles at her.

"Would you like to stay with me, you two. It seems odd right now but I feel like you should be close to someone you know" Anakin said.

"We'd be honored," Luke said and added, "Staying with the hero who saves us from that ship".

"You did just as much as i did" Anakin said, "And you killed Dooku".

They started walking and listening to Anakin talk to Bail Organa. Palpatine walked ahead and Bail went after him.

Anakin turns to the twins and slightly looks at someone in the doorway.

"I feel I can tell you this" Anakin said, "but if I do, you can never tell anyone".

"Your secret will be safe" Luke said, "I... We promise".

"Your mental shields are strong," Anakin said, "I admire that. It takes a while for me to trust people, especially outsiders".

"Anakin, we have gone most of our lives with secrets. You must know jedi are most trusted with secrets" Luke said bowing his head.

Anakin signaled for someone to come over. A woman ran to him and hugged him.

'Mother' Luke said.

'She's beautiful' Leia said.

'You look just like her' Luke said.

"This is Padme. My wife" he said.

Padme looked at him with worry but Anakin rubbed her arm.

"It's an honor senator," Luke said, bowing slightly..

'Senator?' Leia questioned.

'She was a senator. I read about her part in the Clone wars years ago' Luke spoke softly.

Leia followed his bow.

"Anakin what have you done?" Padme said.

Luke grabbed her hand reflexively and smiled.

"Senator, we can assure you... we will keep this secret" Luke said bowing his head, "I promise"

Padme looked between the two twins and slowly smiled.

"You are so kind" she said, "Most would go straight to the council".

"We're not most," Leia said as Luke let her hand go.

Anakin stared at Luke after he had grabbed Padme's hand. He first thought it to be odd but something about him made him trust him. He was so familiar to him and so was his sister. He comforted his wife almost as a close friend would. Or even like a family member would.

"They will be staying with us" Anakin said, "I hope house guests are okay".

"Oh yes. I'd love to have them over" Padme said.

Leia smiled and looked at luke.

"Leia, let's go over here" Luke said suddenly.

Anakin looked at them confused as they walked over but then felt relieved that he could be alone with his wife. They walked over behind a pillar and he watched as they talked.