25- They Feast On Your Fears (Be Careful What You Believe)

'Its your ship operational yet' said Palpatine to Andechu.

He flinched slightly at Palpatines gruff voice. It was similar to sandpaper on wood.

"It will be" said Darth Andechu.

He sat in his meditation room again. It was quiet enough to speak with his new master.

'You have accepted the dark side. However your heart hasn't'

"That's Kenobi. Not me" Andechu growled, "I've accepted the darkness. A part of him has to".

'Still Kenobi must accept you to truly reach your full potential. You're like a mold of clay. Any touch of a kneading hand could mean a change'

"That won't happen" Andechu said, "I won't be swayed by any means. You gave me a mission and i shall complete it".

'Anakin Skywalker is the leader in the rescue of Obi-Wan Kenobi'

"Then he will be the first to die" Andechu said, his voice icy, but he couldn't fool the emperor.

'No you will take him alive. He will turn and become Darth Vader my true successor. He will aid you in your mission to defeat the Republic and rule the galaxy. Besides you do not really want to kill him'

Andechu bowed his head as he thought of Anakin. He did not want to kill him. He loved Anakin but it was Obi-Wan who loved him. His master was right. Darth Vader would be a powerful ally in taking the Republic.

"It will be done my master" Andechu said.

'Obi-Wan has darkness in him. You have to dig to find it Darth Andechu. If you want to reach your true potential'

"He is weak. Caught up in the ways of the Jedi" Andechu said, "but I know the pain he's been through. Maybe I should use it".

'Good, good'

***

"Where are you?" Anakin questioned to himself, looking at a map.

Luke was next to him tapping away at the tablet and Leia sat behind him doing the same. Ahsoka walked in and flopped on a chair throwing her head back. She huffed as Anakin looked at her expectantly. She met his eyes shaking her head.

"Cura was a no go" she said, "half of the people there spoke a different language and the other half were trying to kill me... I'm sorry".

"I've gone through every planet near where Obi-Wan was captured. There is one very far out but um it's just water" Luke said.

"We've checked almost 20 planets now" Ahsoka said, "Maybe we should look around this planet".

Ahsoka pointed on the map to the planet Achu.

"I don't know. Why would he go there?" Anakin asked, "there's nothing there. No war history, no army, they don't even have force sensitives there".

"I don't know, but what other options do we have" Ahsoka asked, rubbing her forehead.

"I don't know. I don't. Everything's gone so fast I haven't had time to breathe" Anakin said.

"To be fair you are sitting an a room with YOUR children who are older than you" Ahsoka said crossing her arms.

"Why are we still here?" Leia said turning her head to Luke.

"I don't know" Luke said, "I may know the force, but I don't know everything about it. The force does wor-".

"If you say 'the force works in mysterious ways', I will pelt you with this tablet" Leia cut off.

"What is Achu like? The people?" Anakin asked.

Luke, who had already done research on the planet, sighed, "They're givers. They help any traveler who lands on their planet. Unfortunately most people use that to take advantage of them".

"Passive people are exactly the type of people a Sith lord would target" Ahsoka said.

"Obi-Wan would never-" Anakin started.

"Well he's not exactly Obi-Wan is he?" Ahsoka said.

There was a tense silence in the room before Anakin sighed. Luke looked over to the flight controls as Anakin set up the ship to fly to Achu.

***

"Where do we start" Ahsoka asked starting down at the vast amount or villages spread out.

"We split up. Luke you come with me and Leia will go with you" Anakin said.

"Are you fully trained?" Ahsoka asked.

"If by fully trained you mean I can swing around a lightsaber then yes" Leia said, "I'd rather use a blaster"

"Eh good enough" Ahsoka said and they walked off with a few clones following.

Anakin and Luke made their way to the first village. Everyone greeted them warmly but none of them knew of Obi-Wan. They went door to door all day until the blue sun set on the planet.

"I'm beat" Luke said as the knocked on the last door.

"Just one more" Anakin mumbled.

A woman opened the door slowly. She gazed at Luke and Anakin with glazed eyes.

"Yes?" She asked

"We were just wondering if you've seen this man" Anakin and and showed her the hologram of Obi-Wan.

"No... no" she said, "I'm sorry. My sister lives in a village across the planet. They had a visitor a few weeks ago".

"Do you know who they were?" Anakin asked.

"No but my sister might. Her name is Kadina Ovb. Her husband owns a shop in the middle of the town" she said, "forgive me but i must leave. Its dangerous at night".

She closed the door.

"I feel she was telling the truth. But it also seems her mind was... messed with" Luke said.

Anakin stepped away from the door and in front Luke.

"So I'm not the only one who felt that?" Anakin said.

"Mind tricks" Luke spat, "evil ones".

"Its is getting late and we wont get anything else tonight" he said, "lets get back to the ship. Maybe he's still here".

"The woman said he was here weeks ago. How could he still be here?" Luke asked.

"Happy thoughts?" Anakin said and started walking away from the village.