Life in Madrid

[ ] = is an indication of Spanish dialogue

Menendez Pelayo International University: 1:47pm 

Already in my last year of study, I've grown accustomed to the local culture and was able to converse a bit of Spanish with the local people. Madrid was beautiful, breathtaking. Puerta del Sol, a tourist attraction at the center of Madrid was wonderful and majestic, bustling with crowds and it was always lively. Puerta de Alcala, the emblematic monument of Madrid was the perfect place for me for sightseeing as watching it, gave me a sense of accomplishment and fullfilment that I am here, in Spain. 

Back to the classroom, I was finishing up my notes until a voice caught my attention. 

Vincent Arbeloa, a young and handsome man, stood next to my seat with a smile across his face. My boyfriend. 

Vincent (In Spanish)

[You ready to go?]

Chaeryeong (In Spanish)

[2 minutes.]

Vincent (Smiles)

[Take your time.]

I met him a year before, where he was a classmate of mine. His dazzling blue eyes was mesmerizing with his brown slicked back hair, he first caught my attention introducing himself to the class, and from then on I instantly fell for him after first sight. 

Chaeryeong (Smiles)

[Let's go.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C. San Buenaventura Street: 3:17pm

After having our lunch, we were walking on a street towards an unknown location. From afar, I could see a huge church, slowly realising that we were walking towards it. The exterior of the building was magnificently constructed with a huge dome in the center. As I wondered if that was our destination, Vincent held my hand. 

Vincent (Smiles)

[Today, we're going to Real Basílica de San Francisco el Grande.]

Chaeryeong

[San... Grande?]

Vincent (Chuckles)

[Close enough. It's one of the most famous churches in the world.]

Chaeryeong

[I can see why, it's beautiful.]

Vincent

[I'll take you around, it's even better inside.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real Basílica de San Francisco el Grande: 3:46pm 

It was exquisite, the exterior of the building to me, was a mixture between classicism and modern architecture. The interior however, blew me away as it was nothing like I've ever seen before. There were paintings by artists like Francis de Goya, with stunning and majestic sculptures surrounding the church. I was in awe.