BUNNY

"Well, well...look who finally decided to show up..." Latarji sat cross-legged in front of a small fire, surrounded by two of his guards.

"Where were you, Gh’ara?"

Gh’ara raised a thick, scaly eyebrow at the accusatory tone in his Taroc’s question.

"Hunting... What else should I have done, Latarji? But I don’t like your tone... Am I being accused of something?" For Gh’ara, attack had always been the best solution and this direct confrontation with his Taroc was no exception.

Although Gh’ara, was Latarji’s chieftain of war, it did not mean that they liked each other very much, on the contrary, they couldn't each other.

Only because Gh’ara was much loved by his men, the warrior caste of the Tarocs clan, the male was still the chieftain, otherwise Latarji would have had him replaced long ago with one of his own people.

Gh’ara had been the right-hand man of old Taroc, and when he died, Latarji had taken over command of the flagship without Gh’ara’s knowledge, but with the support of the other chieftains. Latarji had tried to sideline him, but this caused much resistance and uproar among the warriors, and Lataji wanted no mutiny on board during the war with the Xsiandi, he had no other option than to leave the male stay as the chieftain of war.

But now that they were stranded here on the little blue planet, he had set his mind back on getting Gh’ara out of the way.

"You tell me, Gh’ara... Is there anything I should know? It has come to my attention that you're doing things behind my back..." The Taroc rose slowly from his seated position and walked with his a arrogant look on his face toward his chieftain.

Just before Gh’ara he stopped and looked at his chieftain with a haughty look.

"If I find out you’re trying to plan a coup, you’re making the biggest mistake of your life, Gh’ara... I’ve got eyes everywhere, and if I get the slightest sense of mutiny, I will sentence you to death... Am I making myself clear?"

This was the first time Latarji had shown his obvious hatred for Gh’ara so openly, and Gh’ara felt a wave of anger wash over him.

He took a step toward his Taroc, lowering his head so that their horns almost touched each other by a few millimeters.

"You accuse me of plotting a coup? It's true, I can stand you, you're an asshole, but if I want to replace you, I’ll do it according to the rules and challenge you, I’m not some conniving uami!"

His booming voice, his incredible physical strength and the fact that he was generally a head taller than the rest generally caused most to have a healthy fear and respect for the chieftain.

This did not apply to the Taroc. Latarji was almost as tall as his chieftain, and wasn't easily intimedated by others.

He was a dishonorable brute, who seized every opportunity to maintain his power, and did not hesitate to torture and kill his people when it suited him.

And now that he knew how to impregnate the human females, he could afford to gradually get rid of Gh’ara, since their survival was finally secured meaning he didn't need to keep men alive, just a small part of his most trusted men would be enough...

Are you threatning me, chieftain? I really wouldn’t do that, if I were you…” The two guards that Latarji had with him, stood allined with the blazing chieftain, ready to take him down if their Taroc ordered them.

"I’m not threatening I don't do threats, Latarji, you should know that... So if you want some kind of answer... No, I’m not plotting a coup..." Gh’ara straightened up again and looked down on the man in front of him with an arrogant grin.