OEPS

Kayla looked at the bracelet in admiration, it was a beautiful piece of handicraft and she was actually curious who had made it. Gh'ara had been very clear that no one but one person knew of her existence, so who had caused this was a mystery to her. She couldn't imagine that her giant would have had much patience with this kind of tinkering, for there was no doubt about it. The bracelet was very nicely decorated with ornate inlaid characters, even the buttons were clearly worked and the leather that the metal part was attached to was such a soft and reworked leather... someone had been working on this for a long time.

Suddenly Kayla felt a pang of jealousy. Maybe he had this made for one of the women on his home planet... Kayla was startled by her own thoughts, when did her fear of the giant turn into... desire?

She sighed. What if something happened to him? What if she was pregnant with him and something happened to him... then what? It seemed stiff to her that a child of his would look completely human. No clan would want to take her in with a child of the enemy... She sighed again deeply and ran her hand over her tired eyes, that was a worry for later, maybe she should try to sleep for an hour or so lie down. After Gh'ara left, she hadn't slept a wink, his words kept running through her mind, '...you act like a war is coming this way, you won't get out alive...'. 'You are closer to the truth than you know'

Kayla gently ran her index finger over the purple button he'd told her to press if they were going to be captured.

"You're worried about him..." It wasn't a question.

Kayla looked up at Lisa and gave her a small smile. "Yeah, a little bit... But he's a grown man... he'll be fine..."

Lisa sat down on the blanket next to her with cross-legs and carefully grabbed her mothers wrist so she wouldn't accidentally press one of the buttons, to take a closer look at the beautifull bracelet that coverd most of her mothers lower arm.

She huffed. "If that were true, he wouldn't have given you this thing, Mom... Besides, there's just a thin curtain between outside and inside, so we were able to hear everything... I'm curious, though, mom... what changed between the two of you? I mean, a couple of days ago, he basically ordered you to lay down, so he could put his baby inside of you, and now this..." Lisa pointed at the bracelet on her mothers wrist.

The words of her daughter turned her cheeks into a bright red and Kayla gasped for air. She already opened her mouth to contradict her daughter, but she knew it would be a lie.

"I don't know what, and when things have changed, Lisa, and I can't explain how I feel about him... I mean he's still an arrogant bastard, but a bastard who is trying his best to keep us safe..."

"Did you kiss him, mom?" Lisa switched her gaze from the bracelet to her mothers face, and Kayla felt as if her face was on fire.

"Why do you want to know?" Kayla hoped by answering her daughters question with a question of her own, she'd be able to avoid the topic she knew her daughter was going for.

"Nice try, mom, but that won't work..."Lisa gave her a big smile.

"Just tell me... Did you two kiss?"

"Yes, we kissed..." To her surprise, Lisa's furrowed her brows.

"Don't you cut your lips on his teeth? I mean, let's face it... he has a nice mouth full of razor sharp teeth... How do you do that?"

Kayla tilted her and gave her daughter a questioning look. "Why do you want to know this?"

Lisa shrugged. "Yes, suppose I also have a man like that in the future, it would be useful to know how to kiss without my lips being ripped open..."