GUT CHURNING FEAR

The weeks flew by with no idea where Latarji might be. It was clear that he was receiving help from one or more Tároc, but it was not clear from whom, much to the frustration of Rhán and Gh'ara, it seemed that the old Taroc and his men had vanished into thin air.

Although the area seemed quite safe, Rhán did not feel comfortable and did not dare to let the women go back to their own village. The decision was complicated as the old leader was killed by both Latarji and her successor. After a vote among the women, it was decided that they would camp, at least temporarily, just outside the fortress walls of the Shri'Traccal, so that the women would regain their freedom, but still enjoy the protection of the men.

A small group of women, including Robin and Cloè, found a place within the fortress walls, they formed the bridge between the traumatized women and the men, many of whom still had a lot to learn about dealing with the opposite sex.

"Will you sit the fuck down, bunny!! How many times do you have to be told to take it easy?!" Furious, Gh'ara looked at his beloved, but she only looked at him with a haughty look and stubbornly continued to replenish the bandages.

"I'm not an invalid Gh'ara... Just let me do my thing! Thell me, what do you want me to do? Sit on my fat ass and wait for the baby to announce it self? That could take another damn week or two!"

With a gesture of frustration, he rubbed his battered face with his callused claw.

His injuries had healed well and his teeth and claws had grown back nicely, only the light in his eye was lost forever. Many women walked around him in a wide berth, they found him very scary, sometimes he could smell their fear, Kayla on the other hand seemed to appreciate his scars, as soon as she got the chance she stroked the scars with her little soft fingertips, something that gave him pleasant shivers every time.

"I WANT YOU TO SIT NOW, KAYLA! IF YOU DON'T OBEY I WILL LOCK YOU IN OUR ROOMS!!"

Slowly and with a deadly look, the little woman turned, totally unfazed by the furious look of her lover. "If I don't obey you...?... ARE YOU COMPLETELY FUCKED UP, GH'ARA?! I AM NOT ONE OF YOUR MEN YOU CAN COMMANDER!!" And she stormed off in a rage.

"Well done, pal..." With a furious gaze, Gh'ara turned to his brother's mocking voice and raised a finger at him.

"Don't Rhán! Don't even think about it!! I'm definitely not in the mood for your jokes right now!!" The frown on his face spoke volumes.

Ryan shrugged. "What did you think, friend? That she would listen? Why should you have it easier than the rest of us?" An icy scream made the men stand still for a second.

"AYEK!!! KAYLA!!!" In a frenzy, Gh'ara stormed out of the treatment room to where the screams came from.

He flew around the corner of the hallway and nearly tripped over Kayla, who was slumped against the wall on the floor. One hand she had clapped protectively over her heavily pregnant belly and the other was clenched into a fist and pressed against her mouth.

"FUCK!! GH'ARA!! That little bastard is coming!!" And when another contraction presented itself she howled in pain.

"I told you to take it easy!" Nerves raged through him. For the first time in his life, the giant Ikat didn't know what to do.

"Shut the fuck up, GATOR FACE! Help me get to the infirmary instead of being smart!!" A chuckle caught her attention and with a flushed face, Kayla gave the Tároc a pissed off gaze.

"NOT FUNNY, RHAN!!" With his hands raised in front of him, Rhán stepped back a little to give Gh'ara room to take a howling Kayla into his arms.

Rhán's grin dissapeared when he noticed the red stains of blood on the females pants, growing bigger and bigger within the second, immediately he opened a comm link on his wrist gaunlet. "GET THE INFIRMERY READY!! KAYLA'S LOSING BLOOD RAPIDLY!!"