THE OUTCOME

While it was wonderful to be among people again, well, women, it was also very tiring, suddenly a wave of nausea overcame her, and Kayla leaned over to an empty container to her left. This had been the third time she'd vomited today, and she hadn't lost the sour taste of bile after the first loss of her stomach contents.

Behind her she heard someone rushing towards her and she jerked her head up. She didn't need help. the men and women who had been tortured and abused by old Tároc were far more important than she was, she probably just ate something wrong...

But as she got up, sparkles appeared before her eyes and felt lightheaded and before she could grab herself, Kayla slammed to the ground with a hard thud.

"...no..." "...examine!" "...what does this mean..." "I don't know yet... " "...find out now!!..." "... calm down!... when she comes to..."

Somewhere in the distance, Kayla heard a woman's voice trying to reassure a very, very angry man, but she had no idea what was going on. Her head ached and her throat felt raw...probably from vomiting... Her thoughts drifted off again and she felt herself sink back in to the quietness off darkness...

Through her closed eyelids, Kayla could see that she was in a brightly lit room, and by the firmness of the mattress, she could feel that someone had put her on one of the field beds.

Blinking against the bright light, she tried to open her eyes.

"Hey girl! Are you okay? Ohhh, I'm so sorry!" A friendly voice sounded on her left and to her relief, the bright light was instantly turned off and she was finally able to see a familiar face looking down at her with a concerned look.

Sasha sat down next to her and looked at her with concern. "Why didn't you say you weren't fine, Kayla? You were lucky you're head missed the table in front of you, by inches, you could have had a hole in your head! Lisa told me you weren't feeling well for days... Now, if you don't mind, I want to do a blood test, okay?"

Kayla nodded and tried to sit up, but was pushed back roughly onto the bed by another hand from behind her. Irritated, she looked back only to find Gh'ara sitting there, looking at her with a murderous gaze in his eyes. Her stomach clenched at the sight of his anger and she quickly averted her gaze. "Are you completely screwed up, Kayla?! Why in the fates name didn't you lie down and ask for help?! Lisa and Nina said you've been nauseous and dizzy for a while!"

To her relief, Sasha interrupted his tirade. "Sorry, Gh'ara, but I just want to take some blood, and do me a favour..., don't bother her with your anger right now, will you! She's probably feeling bad enough as it is!"

Gh'ara looked grimly from the young woman to his eyséah, but at the sight of the pale face and large tear-filled eyes, he nodded and slumped back in the chair he had been sitting in.

After Sasha drew several tubes of blood from her, Kayla looked at her giant's battered face. A large part of his teeth was already growing back, and most of the larger wounds in his face had already healed quite a bit, only his one eye couldn't been saved, that remained milk white.

"Where are the girls?" Kayla suddenly felt fear creeping up, even though she new they would be save with all the warriors around to protect them.

With a flick of his head, Gh'ara nodded in the direction of the women's dormitory. "They're with a friend of Robin's, Klo or something."

"Cloe..." Sasha grinned at Kayla's questioning look. "Cloe is one of the women who was captured by Latarji's men, she's taking care of your girls, so don't worry about them... OHHH, the results!" The girl quickly turned at the tinkling sound of the computer.