TOMORROW

Kayla enjoyed his strange but nice smell and despite her fear of heights, she relaxed in his arms and allmost dozed off, untill she realized he was talking to her.

She jerked her head up, sliding her forehead close to his one of his long pointed horns, and she felt an embarrassing heat rise to her cheeks.

"Sorry, did you say something?"

To her surprise, for the first time she'd met him, he grinned kindly instead of devilishly, and her stomach started to flutter.

"I said..., we're here..."

But instead of letting her go, he pulled her body even closer to his. "Tomorrow, around the same time, I'll come to get you again."

Kayla's eyes widened in surprise. "Tomorrow, why?"

There it was again, that devilish smirk of his.
"Did you really think one night would be enough? No, little bunny. You'll be mine for the next two days and if I'm lucky and survive the next couple of weeks, well..., you'll lay next to me every night before too long..." She gasped and much to her irritation, her body started to heat up at that thought.

Gh'ara grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her toward him. "Soon your belly will be swollen with my young, Kayla, nothing can stop me from doing that! You are mine..." And to reinforce his words, he pressed his mouth hard against hers.

Annoyed by his arrogant attitude, she tried to push him away, but when his tongue forced its way between her lips and challenged her tongue, she gave up and pulled his head closer to deepen their kiss.

The scream of a birds of prey startled them and quickly Gh'ara set her on the ground. Ayek! he really needed to go...

"Same time tonight, bunny..."

As soon as he was airborn, Gh'ara turned on his wrist gaunlet and activated the beacons. Lucky for him there was a large prey close by, and he headed in that direction.

"What the hell took you so long?!" The second time he landed his airglider on the dry grass close to his tent, Varsa charged at him.

"Why? What's going on?" Although Varsa was lower in rank and Gh'ara usually wouldn't accept big mouths from anyone, not even his friend, he wondered what his friend was so agitated about.

"Latarji, want to speak to you and right now! I said you were probably hunting, but I don't think he both my expenation, 'cause he sent two young warriors out to look for you."

Gh'ara rubbed his eyes. Ayek! Had he just had the best night evert, did he walk in to this shit!

Without saying anything, he held up his gaunlet and made contact with his Tároc.
"I heard you were looking for me?" Gh'ara couldn't bring himself to be friendly.

On the other side, he heard a soft voices whispering to eachother, followed by Latarji's drawling chilly voice.

"Where were you? I tried several times to reach you, but you had your gaunlet turned off... Why?"

An irritated sigh escaped him. "I was out hunting and I don't like to be disturbed... That's why!"

He heard Latarji hiss and his eyes narrowed. What did the asshole want from him?

"I get it that you want the sound off during hunting... but there's no need to cut communications off completely...Tell me, what are you hiding, Gh'ara?"

Gh'ara raised his lip in a snarl, he really needed to be carefull, Latarji started to watch him too much.

"But I want to talk to you and I expect you back at the compound at dusk tonight." And before Gh'ara could even answer, the man had disconnected, and Gh'ara cursed loudly.

This would mean, he probably wouldn't get to his little bunny in time...

"Well, what did he want?" Varsa was standing outside Gh'ara's tent, watching the younger males tending to their daily routines.

"He wants to see mee, sais there's something he want's to talk about... He's either on to someting or he's trying to find out wether I'm still loyal or not... But I've got a bad feeling about this, Varsa..."

~~~~

With her arms folded over her chest, Kayla looked at the giant until he was out of sight. A deep sigh escaped her. What was wrong with her?

She should be glad that monster was finally gone, yet a strange sadness came over her as she saw it fly away, and she sighed again, before turning and walking to the sheltered safety of the cave where her daughters slept. She was definitely bunkers, there was no denying that...

As quietly as possible, Kayla moved into something more comfortable, mainly to hide the bruises Gh'ara had caused with his large claws. She didn't want the girls to get the wrong idea... While she was preparing breakfast for the girls, she heard rumblings coming from the ladies' sleeping area, signaling that they had woken up and she braced herself for the questions storm surge that guaranteed her. would come up.

A kiss on the top of her head made her turn and she saw Lisa's concerned face, who looked at her questioningly.

"Hey sweetie, did you get some sleep?" Lisa shrugged.

"A little... Did he... hurt you, Mom?" The girl's voice sounded concerned, and Kayla gave her daughter a small smile.

"No, he didn't hurt me, don't worry." Despite her mother's reassurance, Lisa's frown remained plastered over her face.

Kayla's attention was caught by Nina who came out with one leg in her pants and the other limping beside it.

"So, Mom? How was it?"

Shaking her head, Kayla grinned at her other daughter. "Everything went well, honey.."

"If everything went so well and he didn't hurt you, why are his teeth marks on your cheek?" Instantly, Kayla's hand shot to where Gh'ara had marked her, and a red flush appeared on her cheeks.

Before she could react, Nina grabbed her by the chin and turned her head to inspect the cheek.

"Woah! Shit mom, that looks pretty intense..." Nina was impressed by the cuts on her mother's cheek. "That's going to be a nice scar!"

Kayla patted her daughter's hand as if it were a troublesome fly and motioned for her other daughter to join them.

When the two girls sat in front of her and she had given them both a plate of food, she set out.
"Look, none of the things I feared has happened, but a lot that I didn't take into account did... No... he's not a sweet gentle man, crocodile, or whatever we should call him, but he's not the terrible monster I thought he was Yes I've been very scared but not so much for him as flying in the sky on such a little idiotic disk... and then I talk about flying really high without safty straps or something, that was really scary."

"Why did he bite you, Mom?"

Kayla shrugged apologetically. "I don't know exactly, but he was talking about claiming..." Now that she said it loud, it sounded very weird and dominant.

"WHAT?!" The two girls' eyes nearly popped out of their sockets at the sound of their mother's words. "Why, claim? Does that mean he owns you now?"

Wearily, Kayla ran her hands over her eyes. "Yes, most likely he sees it that way. Look, it's not like Gh'ara and I talked a lot or anything..."

"Gh'ara? His name is Gh'ara?" Lisa looked at her with wide eyes, Kayla noticed her other daughter was tasting the name on her tongue, something that surprised her to say the least.

"What now? Do you have to wait and see if you're pregnant or what?"

Kayla grinned wearily. "Nope. He's coming again tonight and tomorrow night too... And if it's up to him, this pregnancy, well at least if he's able to knock me up that is, won't be the only one..." Nina and Lisa looked at her with wide open mouths.