Chapter 13 - An Announcement

It was time.

"Taylor... are you sure? Like, are you really, really sure? Because once you say that, you can't take it back."

Taylor and Karlie were driving to Taylor's parents' house. Her brother, Austin, was about to be there too. Once Taylor told Karlie that she loves her and Karlie did too, Taylor was sure that the world needs to know that too. But... is she going to handle the situation?

"Yes. I am sure," she answered with strong voice. "After so long, I guess everybody needs to know about us."

But Taylor wasn't that much sure about it.

"Whatever," Taylor murmured. "At least I need to tell my family, because they can keep it for a while too." She then parked the car behind some bushes, not far from her parents' house.

Karlie smiled. "I can't."

"You can't what?" Taylor asked with a playful tone of her voice.

"I can't let you be that sexy and not be able to touch you wherever I want."

"Well I guess... Since we're far from everybody..."

Karlie grabbed Taylor's hands and kissed her. Taylor set one of her hands free and wrapped it around Karlie's neck. When Karlie stopped, Taylor started kissing her neck.

"Oh... baby..." Karlie moaned, massaging Taylor's breasts.

Karlie's right hand slipped under Taylor's dress and her fingers were playing with the lace of Taylor's panties. Karlie rubbed her clit.

Taylor sucked Karlie's neck once again, but stopped right after, gasping for air. "Fuck... Karlie..." she moaned.

"I'd like to, but we don't really have time," Karlie answered with a grin on her face.

Taylor was heavily breathing, her hair was a mess and she was sweating. Karlie tried to wipe the red lipstick off her neck.

They stood in front of the house. Taylor's heart was beating so fast. She was scared. Karlie noticed that and turned her head. The lights, pinned up next to both sides of the door, made Taylor's skin look bronze. But it was cold.

"Taylor, don't worry. Give me your hand," Karlie said calmly, grabbing Taylor's shaky hand. "Now, take a deep breathe-"

"...and walk through the door it's the morning of your very first day..." Taylor sang. They both laughed.

"See? This is what suits you the best. C'mon, we'll get through this."

Taylor knocked on the door. Right as the door opened, Taylor quickly released her hand. The one who opened the door was Taylor's brother, Austin. He was wearing a plaid blue t-shirt, dark blue jeans, and his hair was a little bit greasy, like he forgot to wash them.

"T! Welcome!" he said and wrapped his strong, muscular hands around Taylor. She hugged him thightly. "Hello, Austin! I'm so glad to see you!"

Karlie stood awkwardly behind Taylor, playing with her fingers, showing no emotions.

"Um... Hi, Karlie..!" Austin greeted also Karlie. The way he looked at her... like he knew...

"Hi Austin!" she smiled and they shook their hands formally.

"Allright! I guess you can go in then!" He smiled and let them in. Taylor seemed so happy when she was walking through the main corridor, turning her head to every single direction. Karlie was glad to see Taylor like that, because at that moment, she forgot about all the things that she got on her mind.

They walked into a dining room. In the middle of this room was a big wooden table, filled with food. There was this big chandelier right above the table. Wooden floor, which made very weird, squeaky noises when someone walked on it. And a fireplace with some family pictures on it.

"Taylor!" Taylor's mom, Andrea, said, when she brought a turkey. "Come here and give me a hug, baby girl!"

"Mom!" Taylor smiled, showing her bright teeth, pulling her mom into a hug. Her father Scott walked in right after Andrea.

"My precious little princess!" he almost shouted, kissing Taylor's forehead. "You look beautiful!"

"Thanks, daddy!" Taylor smiled like a little girl and hugged him also.

"Um... Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Swift," Karlie waved when they turned their heads to her. Taylor broke the hug and went back to Karlie.

"Hello, Karlie!" They both said at the same time. "Take a seat!"

Taylor was sitting next to Karlie. When Andrea wanted to ask Karlie what part of the turkey would she like, Karlie just shook her head.

"What?" Andrea asked, a confused look on her face.

"Um... mom... Karlie... doesn't eat meat," Taylor said. Karlie just nodded.

"I'm so sorry, Karlie! I didn't know abot that!"

"That's totally okay, Mrs. Swift," Karlie answered calmly.

"I stll have some salad here if you want!"

"You do? Then I'll have some, thank you!"

Karlie was such a gentle-woman and Taylor was happy about that. But now, it was time for an announcement. Karlie knew it before anybody else did, because she felt Taylor's hand reaching hers under the table.

"Mom, dad... I... I have an announcement." Taylor's shaky voice said. She was chewing the inside of her cheek nervously.

"What is it, honey?" her mom asked in disappointment.

"I'm... Me and... Me and Karlie are dating," she breathed out, not feeling fine at all. Karlie didn't say anything, but she pushed their hands more to her side, drawing small circles with her fingers on the back of Taylor's hand.

"Taylor..." Her father spoke. "I..."

There was this silent for about twelve seconds, but for Taylor, it felt like hours and hours. Seeing her family just staring at her with their jaws opened was exactly what she never wanted to happen.

"You know what, Taylor?" Andrea said, much more calmly than both of the girls expected. "I... Just... Whatever makes you happy. When you wanted to write songs, you wrote them. When you wanted to become a singer, you became one. You're old enough to do what you want and choose what makes you feel like you're doing the right thing."

Scott just nodded. "And remember, that we're here for you, and we are your supporters number one."

Taylor smiled and Karlie did too. "I love you so much, mom and dad!" She got up and gave them a hug.

"Maybye we should drive back home," Karlie whispered to Taylor.

Her mom heard that. "Are you kidding? You drove here for five hours and were here for like two hours only?! No way, you're staying tonight. I don't want any of you girls to get hurt!"

Taylor, Karlie, Scott and Andrea were really happy. But...

Taylor turned back to see Austin. His blank expression was stabbing Taylor's heart. But she still managed to ask him: "Austin! Is everything alright?"

He turned his head to Taylor, but he seemed really angry this time. "Yes... except that my sister is a lesbian!" he shouted, running upstairs.

"Austin!" Scott shouted back with a warning tone of his voice. Taylor's eyes were now filled with tears. Her bottom lip was shaking, actually... her whole body was shaking. Karlie hugged her tightly.

"I'd like to go to sleep, can I?" Taylor asked with a shaky voice.

"Of course, honey," Andrea said and tried to fake a smile, but she was heartbroken from seeing her daughter cry. Taylor went upstairs and Karlie followed her.
----------------------
Hello guys! Today it's a bit long chapter, right? I like writing so much now, idk why :D I also improved my writing and the way I edit it a little bit, so I hope you like this "new me" :)

Vote, comment or follow me please, I like to know that you enjoy this story!

Thanks for reading! ♥