chapter one;;

Dear reader,

I'm eternally grateful that you chosed my story as the one you're currently reading.

Please understand that this was my first story here on Wattpad, and so the first few chapters aren't as good as the last ones.

I hope you'll like it, thank you for reading this!

Enjoy,

- B.
---
It was a beautiful New York morning. Taylor woke up as the sunshine was hitting her face. She came downstairs in her slippers and yawned.

"Meredith? Dibbles! Mer! Meow, meow!" she shouted as she came to the kitchen.

Suddenly, both of the cats ran into the kitchen. They seemed really hungry, but sleepy at the same time.

"Of course, breakfast for you first!" Taylor said and opened two tins of fish meat. She poured it into two small bowls and placed it on the floor.

Both of the cats started eating like it's the last meal of the day.

"I'm glad you're enjoying your food," Taylor smiled. She was always talking to her cats and never felt ashamed for it. Like what? She sometimes used to call herself "The crazy cat lady" and so she was okay with talking to Meredith and Olivia.

When the bowls were empty, the cats went back to the living room to take a little nap. Taylor went to the bathroom, then back to the bedroom, then she brushed her hair, picked a cute pair of shoes and a purse and went out to the car.

She was really happy. Today was the day she and Karlie would go shopping together. And Karlie was supposed to be at Taylor's house any minute.

"Taylor!" Karlie smiled when she opened the door.

"Karlie!" Taylor smiled too as she was pulled into a tight hug. The first thing that came onto Taylor's mind was how tiny she felt in the model's embrace, even though Taylor was pretty Tall herself. Karlie's hugs were Taylor's favourite. They were always so warm and so sincere and so sweet...

"So... where are we going today?" Karlie asked, finally pulling away.

"I was thinking about going to some perfume shops, but if you don't want to..."

Karlie quickly raised her eyebrows. "No! That's sounds cool! And also it's your turn to pick a location, so..."

"Okay!" Taylor smiled. She stood there for a few seconds before turning to the door. "So... are we going like right now, or do you want to go in and I'll make you some tea or coffee?"

"I think we should be going right now - we can go back later! Are we driving there by your car?"

"Yes. I was thinking about going to Sephora by the way."

"Oh, okay!" Karlie nodded. Taylor then grabbed her coat and the girls were ready to leave.

/ / /

The streets of New York were foggy by the time the girls arrived. They didn't even step out of the car and there were already about ten paps, shouting their names. Taylor hated this. She always wanted to look perfect, on every picture the paps ever took of her, so the constant thinking that she doesn't look good was giving her anxiety.

And Karlie noticed. She saw how Taylor's legs shook before she stepped out of the car, she also noticed how Taylor couldn't help herself and kept biting her lip.

"Don't worry. We'll get throught this!" Karlie whispered to the singer and covered Taylor's body with her coat. Another thing that Taylor liked about Karlie was that she was really caring and kind. She was literally the sweetest friend Taylor has ever had. And that made her wonder...

Was Karlie really just a friend?

Taylor quickly shook those thoughts away. If Karlie would ever find out what is on Taylor's mind, she would definitely end their friendship in a second. And Taylor didn't want to lose Karlie.

During their shopping, Taylor found out that not only is Karlie an actual sunshine, but she is also very gentle. Whenever the singer needed Karlie to hold something, Karlie wasn't afraid to gently touch Taylor's hand with her long, soft fingers.

Taylor really wanted to punch herself in the face. What was she thinking?

/ / /

"Oh my, today was really fun," Taylor smiled at Karlie as they got back to the singer's apartment.

"Yeah, it really was," Karlie smiled. "But now I have to go, I forgot about... stuff that I have back home."

Shit... Have I done something stupid? Taylor thought.

"Really? Oh..." was all Taylor said.

"We can... go for a lunch tomorrow if you want...?" Karlie said after a pause.

Oh, so she wasn't mad at Taylor.

"We sure can! At mine? I'll make something for you!"

Taylor jumping in her high heels like a five year old made Karlie laugh. "Okay. So, tomorrow?"

Taylor nodded. "Tomorrow."

And as the singer watched Karlie walking to her car, she felt the strange, yet so known feeling in her stomach.