Miscarriage I

"Honey, when are you going to be back?" a gentle, feminine voice spoke through the holographic screen.

"Darling, you know I just got back on Earth a few days ago," he chuckled softly.

"That was months ago!" she retorted.

Boboiboy scratched his head and laughed awkwardly. "Oh, was it? My bad."

Yaya, however didn't find any of it amusing. She was slightly offended by her husband's care less thoughts.

"Boboiboy..." she drifted off with a faint frown on her face.

"Hmm?" he hummed.

Yaya sighed, not knowing how to explain her situation to her husband. She knew the heavy duties her beloved had to fulfill especially at times when he had been promoted into a captain. Her husband shoulders many responsibilities in order to keep the galaxy in peace.

But he also held the responsibility for his wife, his family that was just getting started, right?

"I..."

A sudden alarm rang across the screen that made Boboiboy alert. Yaya could see him glancing around finding the source, figuring out the scene.

"Boboiboy?"

"Ah sorry, love. Looks like we have to carry this conversation next time. Looks like there's an emergency meeting," he said, looking around.

"But... I need to tell you this," she calmly objected.

"I'm sorry, Yaya. I'm afraid I have to go. I'll promise I'll call you after this meeting's over,"

With that, the holographic screen disappeared, leaving a mournful look on Yaya's face.

She sighed, knowing there wasn't any other way round this mess. The only thing she could do was patiently wait.

Wait for sudden miracles to happen. Which wasn't any time soon.

Because she could feel the pain aching through her, physically and mentally.

It was tiring, living alone, carrying a child for nearly 9 months without the support of her husband. She had to do everything by herself, from doing the laundry, cooking, sweeping up the whole house.

Eventually, she grew tired of it. Her breaking point was when she couldn't even bend down to pick up stuff on the floor without feeling a shocking pain on her front and back.

At last, she spent most of her time on the sofa either reading or watching the TV these few weeks. She admits that it was definitely not the lifestyle she opted but it was the only one she had to go for.

Throughout the time, her mental health greatly decreased as her source of happiness is far away from Earth, wandering off multiple planets to save the galaxy. She tried to smile for him, knowing the good deeds her husband had done but gradually, it had gotten hard to do so.

On her recent check-up to the doctor, Yaya had a horrid look and couldn't believe that the doctor told her she was diagnosed with depression. It wasn't good for her and the baby- she knew that but... It was so hard to even be happy most of the times. Of course, her doctor prescribed her with a few anti-depression pills, however Yaya wasn't too keen on relying such pills. Therefore, she tried to seek her own happiness.

To her dismay, finding happiness was hard. Harder than she could imagine.

She let out a chuckle, looking at the framed photos on the table. Recalling those sweet memories one by one. Oh, how she wished she could get those moments back.

Yaya couldn't help but let a tear fall out of her eye. She grunted as this was already her 3rd time crying today. She really needs to stop otherwise the watery tears would soon be replaced by blood.

Disturbed thoughts slowly crept into her head, polluting her joyful thoughts one by one.

'Is he really my husband?'

'Does he know the state that I am in right now?'

'Does he even care about me?'

"Stop it, Yaya!" she mentally slapped herself for having such thoughts. However, despite all the positive thoughts she tried to reassure herself, it still couldn't stop the tears that were streaming down her cheeks like a waterfall.

"Boboiboy..."

All of the sudden, she felt an intense sharp pain on her stomach. Yaya crawled down, hunching her back in hope the pain would go away. She panicked, breathing in and out but it was in vain.

As the last tear glided down her cheek, her sight was covered by darkness.