Not Selfish, Just Worried

Hiii! Sorry for the long hiatus... haven't had much free time lately.. anyway the writing's a bit messy this time but I felt like I need to update this fic somehow.. hope it's not too trashy HAHAHA😭

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Boboiboy?"

Yaya walked through the door to see her husband standing in front of the mirror, observing something.

He turned his head around upon hearing his name being called by his love.

"Yaya," he smiled, but she knew it was halfhearted.

She scanned his face, trying to read his mind and concluded with a thought that she didn't want to admit out loud.

"It has been decided, hasn't it? You're going to that mission," she retorted bitterly.

Boboiboy sighed pathetically. It was no use being quiet anymore. His wife was just too good in debunking his lies.

He looked at her for a good moment before uttering any words.

"Yes... I have thought long about it and I feel like I should go,"

Yaya inhaled and sat down on the edge of their bed, aggressively.

"We have talked about this, honey. I told you all the possible things that will happen if you do go! What is it that you still don't understand?" she spoke in a rising manner.

"Honey," he respectfully called and sat next to her.

"You do know that those are mere assumptions based on your own analysis. I'm not saying that you're wrong or any of them won't possibly happen but... you can't predict the future, Yaya. And besides, I can handle myself." Boboiboy reasoned.

Yaya's pupil grew wide and looked at him in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me? Just last week from the previous mission you had broken ribs and severe wounds everywhere! Not to mention you were in a coma for 3 days!" she cried.

"Boboiboy, please... reconsider your choice,"

He could only stare at her sympathetically. It was true that he can be reckless sometimes and that made his wife's inner worries grew even more but at the same time, he felt like it was his responsibility to fulfill missions being given to him.

"The commander said this time, it's crucial for me to be there. The planet's existence relies solely on TAPOPS. I need to help them, darling." he soften his voice, caressing her back.

The woman sighed again. She shut her eyes and murmured something under her breath.

"But what about me... and our child?"

His eyes and ears suddenly became alerted on her last sentence.

"What was that?"

Yaya positioned herself to look directly towards him and took a deep breath.

"I... I am expecting, Boboiboy."

His eyes grew wider, processing the piece of information he had obtained.

"Boboiboy?" she called out after moments of silence coming from her husband.

Immediately, well-built muscular arms wrapped around her figure tightly while chanting happy and grateful words.

She hugged back, smiling sweetly at his cute gestures. Honestly she wouldn't have expected he'd be this emotional.

"How long have you been keeping this from me?" he pulled back out of the hug, instead resting his palm on her cheek.

"About a week," she quietly giggled but it instantly turned into a frown when she remembered why she wasn't able to deliver the news straight away.

The moment the pregnancy test read positive, she rushed towards the control room to contact Boboiboy in hopes of sharing her happiness.

But all of that went down hill when she found her husband lying down on the emergency bed, heading straight to the ICU with his condition barely hanging on to life.

Her heart shattered at the sight of him with panic beginning to rise inside. She called out to him only for their comrade, Fang giving her signs that she should calm down first.

It was a bad memory that she never wanted to experience again. Especially now when she's carrying their baby.

From the expression she displayed, Boboiboy knew exactly what her thoughts were.

"Boboiboy... when I saw you on that bed, bleeding continuously, I felt like my world was about to end. The panic and anxiety overwhelmed me to the point I was suffocating. I fear that... you'd be gone... forever..." Yaya hiccuped between tears, burrying her face in his chest.

He couldn't help but grab her waist and pulled her closer towards him, securing her back with his strong arms.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry, Yaya. All this while, I never really considered your feelings when deep down it's what hurts you most." he carresed her back.

He then looked directly into her dreamy, hazel eyes with a stern yet caring face.

"Alright, I won't partake in he mission. You have my word." he smiled, stroking her cheek.

However, Yaya grabbed his hand, stopping Boboiboy's actions.

"Honey, I don't want you to think I'm being selfish or ordering you around. It's just that..."

She gestured her hand towards her husband's bandaged, wounded arm.

"Just wait until you've fully healed, okay? Only then you can go on missions."

Boboiboy let out a warm smile and kissed her forehead. Oh, his wife was being too adorable, caring about his well-being.

"Okay dear, I promise."