Tom Yum

In celebration of the new Boboiboy season, this chapter is based on episode 3! Sorry for the long hiatus, been busy ehe ^^. Anyways, have fun reading!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tok! Please teach me your recipe for a delicious tom yum!" Boboiboy abruptly shouted out loud after gulping down his hot chocolate in one go.

Tok Aba stared at his grandson as if his remark was something unusual to his ears. "What's with the sudden request? All this while you seemed uninterested in learning my recipes,"

"Well you see, I have to compete in a cooking competition in order to gain new abilities to my power and the dish happens to be tom yum," Boboiboy nervously spoke. "And your tom yum is legendary Tok!"

Ochobot looked at Tok Aba and shrugged. "He's not wrong; everyone loves your tom yum!" he spoke, earning a few nods from Yaya and Gopal.

"Hmm, you need to compete to gain a new power? How exhausting," Tok Aba sighed.

"Please, Tok Aba," Yaya chimed in. "We only have three days to prepare,"

"Well, my recipe is quite complicated. Are you sure you'll be able to follow them?"

Gopal suddenly slammed his palms on the table, making the others jump. "Hey Tok Aba! Is there anything that Boboiboy isn't capable of? He's your grandson! Of course he can!" he exclaimed in excitement.

Hearing this, Tok Aba grinned and began rolling up his sleeves. "Alright then, what are you waiting for, come on! I'll sure how a real master chef makes a delectable tom yum!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, Boboiboy still felt dissatisfied with his training with Tok Aba despite him saying that Boboiboy's dish was ready to go. He was still troubled by the sequencing and timing of making the tom yum.

So, he decided to practice again that midnight, with his 5 other selves.

"Alright boys, just like how we practiced! Ice, wash those tomatoes; Blaze help me out sorting out these vegetables; Halilintar, get chopping! and Thorn.. um well, you can help boil the water,"

It was nearly 1 am in the morning and Tok Aba's kitchen was still lively. The boys tried to make as little noise as possible to not wake up their entire neighbourhood.

Though, in reality, no one would expect that when Boboiboy has split into different elemental versions of himself, there would be no chaos.

"Alright, it's nearly done! Ice, do you want to taste it?" asked Gempa, receiving a nod from him.

As the blue-eyed version of himself took the first sip, he closed his eyes, making a unpredictable face.

"I feel like it's lacking something, Gempa. You try it,"

Gempa took a sip and made an observant, confused look. "You're right, something is missing. It didn't taste like how Tok Aba did it this morning. Is it the spiciness? or maybe it should be a little sweet?"

"Really? Let me taste it!" Blaze offered.

"I wanna taste it too!" Thorn raised his hand.

"You do know that we all share the same tastebuds, right? We won't change a thing if we all tasted it." Halilintar spoke, furrowing his eyebrows while crossing his arms.

"That's right. Hmm, who should we call for help? Tok Aba?" questioned Gempa.

"No, he's sleeping. We shouldn't disturb him," Ice said.