The Villain

He had always been the hero.

One that everyone had looked up to, inspiring thousands of people.

"He's such a caring person!"

"I want to become like him when I grow older!"

"We're so lucky to have Boboiboy to protect us from the evil aliens!"

Compliments were shot from left to right as the said hero appeared on the news several times with each headline claiming a victorious outcome every single battle they encountered.

His teammates were also very proud of him for he was their leader and a courageous yet thoughtful one indeed. In the midst of that, there was one particular teammate whose support gave him a certain, uneasy feeling inside and of course, it was none other than Yaya.

Ironically, not long after, all the rumors and gossip about the "special relationship" between the two members of TAPOPS became true and they had decided to keep their status as a secret. They kept at it for a good solid 5 years before something calamitous and tragic happened to one of them.

Boboiboy suddenly vanished without any sign or trace. It had been a week since he left without any notice, not even to his own fiancée.

"I don't get it, Ying. Why didn't he say anything to me before going?" Yaya frustratingly sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed of their bedroom.

Ying accompanied beside her and caressed her back.

"Maybe he didn't have time? Or he was in a rush? You know he's very busy nowadays, especially when he had been promoted to a captain." Ying reasoned.

Yaya let out a heavy breath and nodded. She came to a conclusion that she will try to think positively about his past behavior.

She tried to recall the moment that happened last week. After a long day of work, she had expected to see her beloved fiancé to appear laying down on the bed, inviting her to lay in his arms but to her dismay, he was nowhere in sight. She tried to look for any messages or notes that he could possibly have left behind but still, nothing.

She waited and waited until it had been 3 days since his departure. The others also tried searching and tracking him but Boboiboy was just too good at leaving without any trace nor evidence.

Yaya's heart began to worry. Her mind were suddenly terrorized by delirious thoughts. She immediately shook them off and went to bed instead. However, her misery wouldn't end there as she found it hard to sleep on the cold bed without a pair of warm arms enveloping her.

Days turned to months and months turned to years. Yaya went on a solo mission that she was assigned to catch a notorious unknown criminal that had been causing a ruckus in every planet in the galaxy. This so-called criminal had set planets on fire, burning half of the people, caused a snow blizzard, making everyone freeze to death and even caused a massive earthquake that killed the entire population. Yaya hated the criminal's actions and swore to bring justice among the innocent lives that he had taken away.

Finally, she finally found him. There he was, stood with his hood up, radiating a demeaning aura. She knew he was trouble so she chose to play her cards wisely.

"You imbecile. What have these people done to you that made you kill them?" she retorted.

The man walked towards her still with his hood up. Yaya had readied her posture, aiming to counteract whenever he initiates a strike.

Instead, she found her eyes widening when she saw the man gradually pull his hood down, revealing the last person she had hope to be the criminal.

"It's been a long time hasn't it, Yaya?" Boboiboy smirked.

Yaya couldn't believe her eyes. She didn't want it to be real. Someone please pinch her so she could wake up from this nightmare.

But to no avail, this was the reality. Oh, how bitter and ugly it was.

"B-Boboiboy? Why..?" 

He merely smiled, a toxic, poisonous smile. "Why are you so shocked, beloved?"

"You... you don't have the right to call me that." she said in disgust.

His brows furrowed. "Why? Did you find someone else while I was gone?"

"Not after all the years you left me! Why Boboiboy? Why did you leave without leaving any messages behind? The least you could do was to tell me," she sobbed, emotionally.

Boboiboy merely stood in silence, his smile gradually fading away. Now, he had a more serious look plastered on his face.

"I hated it."

"What do you mean?"

"All that hero shit; full of trash. I hated every second of it." his eyes glaring, piercing to her soul.

Yaya was still in confusion and didn't notice that he was just inches away from her.

"Being a villain is not as bad as I thought it would be," he whispered close to her ear.

Yaya instantly slapped his face and backed away, tears filling her eyes.

"What had gotten into you?!" she shouted.

Boboiboy put on a bored look and sighed.

"Why are you making this hard, beloved? Just come with me,"

"Are you serious? I will never side with the villain,"

He inhaled sharply and transformed into Halilintar form, thunder emitted in the background.

"Guess I'll have to force you to be with me then," he grinned sadistically.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, this was definitely something different from my usual fluffy, cheesy, lovey-dovey style of writing. I hope you don't mind.. I'm just experimenting on something ^0^. And I think I'll stick to my casual style- the hopeless romantic prompt hshshshshs ^3^. Thank you for reading! Also, in return for this angsty chapter, I'll write something more fluffy in these upcoming days!