If Only

She stared at the distance, a horrid sight filled her vision.

"N-no..."

She ran and ran with her bleeding leg and wounded arm until her breath was short. Her heartbeat began pulsing rapidly as she saw what she had hoped she never would see in a million years.

A loud thump was heard on the ground.

"BOBOIBOY!" cried Yaya.

She came rushing to the scene, tears escaping her eyes.

"Boboiboy... no..." she sobbed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yaya,"

Upon hearing the familiar voice, she turned her head waiting for her fiancé to utter a sentence.

He sighed at first and grabbed both of her arms, swaying them side to side. His eyes were glued to the ground and Yaya could almost swore she saw darkness creeping over them.

"What's wrong, dear?" asked Yaya.

Finally Boboiboy looked up, staring into her eyes as if deep in thought.

"Hm?" Yaya asked again, with her sparkling, innocent eyes - the ones he'd never get bored of.

Then, he sighed again letting go of her arms, instead turning his back against her.

"I was thinking..." he began walking with Yaya trailing behind him.

The man suddenly grunted in frustration. "This... everything's messed up,"

Yaya tilted her head in confusion.

"My plan... to marry you... to be with you... to cherish you and... to love you..."

Boboiboy gulped and gathered the courage to face her again.

"None of it matters anymore."

Yaya realised what he meant. The world was ending. Chaos entered the scene, wrecking havoc from left to right causing the disruption of Earth, leading to millions of death. Due to their carelessness in obtaining data on the group of foreign, dangerous aliens that invaded the planet, they had caused a major disaster and could possibly turn the Earth into a hellhole for eternity.

She began drifting her thoughts into the despair of the said outcome.

"Let's run away,"

She immediately looked at him with beady eyes, only to find him looking back at her with such a determined face.

"I'm serious, Yaya. I've thought through about this. Let's run away on our spaceship and lead a peaceful life somewhere else in the galaxy. I don't care where we go, as long as I can be with you."

Yaya could only afford to gaze back at him, stunned as she couldn't mutter a single word.

"Yaya?"

"Huh?"

Boboiboy sighed and half-heartedly smiled. "Of course, what was I thinking. You would never agree to a ridiculous plan like that, right?"

He got closer to her and pulled her waist into his, bodies wrapped onto each other. His right hand caressing her cheeks while his eyes embedded into hers with a loving and tender look.

"You wouldn't be so selfish to leave everything behind, my love. I was a fool for thinking you would comply to the plan. Though, I had already known the answer."

Yaya's eyes suddenly turned red as she found tears rolling down her face. She burried her face in her lover's chest, sobbing all her sorrows away.

The realisation hit her. The fact that she knew she couldn't have peaceful moments like these with her future husband aches her.

She recalls back to the scene where they had just successfully vowed into wedlock with each other. Happiness filled her entire heart and all she wanted to think off was how she was going to spend the time to prepare for their official wedding ceremony. However, all of her images were blocked by an emergency call from TAPOPS of the invasion.

"I... I don't want this... none of it, Boboiboy." she sobbed harder. Boboiboy heard her and soothed her back.

"I know, I know," he tried smiling for her but behind, he was also devastated by this outcome.

Oh, why did it have to be like this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words couldn't express how broken her heart was. She winced in pain, aghast at the sight of her injured, hardly breathing fiancé in front of her.

"Boboiboy... please... hold on to me,"

She cried and cried until her tears were running dry.

"Don't leave me, please."

She laid down beside him, keeping his hand close to her chest, never letting go.

Yaya gradually closed her eyes, realising that the pain slowly numbed away. It felt good, she thought.

But she just couldn't shake off the fact if there were an alternate reality where she had chosen to escape with Boboiboy. Maybe they could've been happier, leading a normal life, have children and grow old together.

'"If only," she whispered her last breath.

Perhaps resting in eternity next to each other wasn't so bad after all.

----------------------------------------------------

Whoa! I'm on a role publishing chapters more frequently ahhahaha~

I'm actually stressed with college guys so writing about my fav ship is the only coping mechanism for me shshshsh hope you don't mind!('∀')

Thank you for reading and for your patience as always!!!