Misunderstanding III

Yaya was standing in front of the mirror of her bedroom, focused on styling her hijab into a shawl style.

Early in the morning, she popped by the bedroom she shared with her husband in the station to gather up some of her clothings and necessities so she could move in with Ying temporarily.

Though, she doesn't know when the temporary would come to an end but for the time being, she guessed.

Her heart skipped a beat when she saw a reflection of a familiar man standing by the door looking intently towards her.

"Yaya?"

She merely stood quiet, busy picking the pins from the table.

Boboiboy took a step closer to observe the bags that were on the bed and floor.

"What's all this? Where are you going?"

"I'll be staying at Ying's room for a while. Don't worry about me," she said, finishing the last touches of her hijab.

The man had a perplexed look plastered on his face.

"But why?"

Yaya stood silent again. She didn't have the enough courage to tell him the reason. She'd rather weasel her way out quietly.

"Yaya? What's wrong, dear?"

The endearment he just called her gave her goosebumps. Sure, she missed them dearly but given the situation, he had no right to be calling her that. Heck, it just made her ten times more guilty and disgusted.

"Nothing, I just needed time for myself." she replied.

Yaya turned her back around, picking up the bags, completely ignoring him.

As she was about to leave for the door, Boboiboy grabbed her wrist, making her stop halfway.

"Yaya, please. Is this about the night on the mission?"

The audacity of him asking if it was about that made Yaya want to break in tears and slap him across the face.

But she gave him a mere slandering look.

"Yaya..." Boboiboy whimpered.

She began noticing her husband's gaze was deepening, as his head was focused to the ground instead of her.

"Whatever happened that night... I swear it wasn't what you think it was." his voice cracked.

Yaya quickly let go of her grabbed hand and stared at him in incredulity.

"Well, what was it then?" she pressured.

She looked at him pathetically, eyes barely containing the tears that wanted to escape.

"Tell me, Boboiboy. Was what I saw last night all a lie? That you and that woman did absolutely nothing in that room?"

Boboiboy looked straight up at her- eyes full of guilt and shock.

"W-what?"

Yaya shivered. Her patience was wearing thin.

"I can't believe you! You even have the time to pretend to be oblivious?" she cried.

"Boboiboy, please don't do this to me... If you... if you're not satisfied being with me....then just say it," she hiccuped in between tears.

"Don't go behind my back, betraying me like this."

Boboiboy was stunned in place. He felt like his heart dropped from the heaven above. Shattered in a million pieces.

"No... Yaya,"

Yaya began taking a step away, ready to turn her back against him.

A loud thud on the ground was heard, making Yaya turn her head in surprise when she found her husband was down on his knees.

"Yaya... I never once felt that about you. You're the most perfect, beautiful and amazing woman I've ever met. I feel like most of the times I don't deserve to be with you because of how wonderful you are. To me, you complete my life. I can't imagine what would happen without you."

He grabbed Yaya's hand, pleading her to stay with him longer.

"Please don't leave me, Yaya."

There goes the water works again. She bit her lips, not wanting to sob for it will make her more weak.

Instead, she let go once again from his touch.

"I'm sorry, Boboiboy. I just need time to think about all this,"

With a turn, she carefully shut the door, finally freeing the tears that had been trapped inside her eyes.