Marshmallow Cheeks

Solar X Yaya

It was nearly midnight and still no sight of her husband anywhere in their bedroom.

Worry started rising as she began making up scenarios in her head that seemed unlikely to happen.

"Where could he be?" she asked herself.

She went out to the main room of the spaceship and started asking around if the people there had seen her husband.

"He was in the library the last time I saw him," said one of them.

Yaya gave a quick nod and thanked him thus rushed straight to the library.

There, she saw a handsome young man on the table with stacks and stacks of books surrounding him. It was a sight to take in and appreciate.

She entered the library stealthily and appeared beside him.

"Honey,"

She saw the sudden jump and wide eyes he gave her and immediately sighed in relief when he saw it was her. He instantly changed his expression into a warm, loving smile.

He leaned his head to the side, resting on her stomach while eyes still focused on the book.

Yaya took the opportunity to ruffle his hair, giving him a light massage.

"It's late night, honey. When are you coming back to our room?"

Boboiboy was quiet for a while before he picked his head up to look at her, a calm but tired face plastered all over.

"Still have a few more books to finish. I need to gather information before the mission tomorrow."

Yaya observed his face— the colour of his eyes and the tone of his mood and voice.

"I know it's you, Solar." she smiled, which earned a surprise from him being able to guess it right once again.

"But you're nearly at your limit. It's time to rest, dear. You've been at it since morning." she continued.

Solar sighed. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he was starting to feel dizzy after looking at so much words for straight hours. All he wanted now was cuddle into his wife's embrace.

He gave one final glance at the book, sighed in defeat and closed it. Now, his full attention was on his wife, and his wife only.

"If you insist, darling." he voiced, getting up from the chair.

However, what he didn't expect was the sudden pain his back and legs were getting after sitting down for long hours.

"Aargh!" he grunted, nearly toppling over. He couldn't feel the lower half of his body— it had turned completely numb.

Seeing this, Yaya swiftly grabbed hold of him, her arms supporting his body so he won't fall over.

"Goodness, you're already like an old man! Even Tok Aba is still strong despite his age." Yaya joked.

Solar ignored her remark, instead focusing on gaining his nerves back on his jelly legs.

"Want me to carry you?" she tittered after looking at her husband pathetically.

Solar shot her a stunned look as if what she said was something obnoxious.

"I refuse!" he shouted.

He let go of Yaya's support and tried to balance on his own. He started regretting the action as he began to feel the pins and needles forming on the sole of his feet.

"I refuse to be carried by my own wife! It's unacceptable!" he retorted in embarrassment.

Yaya was slightly shocked by his sudden blast of anger. Well, he didn't seem angry... more to uneasiness overwhelming him.

Had she offended him? Maybe it had hurt his pride when she offered to carry him. It wasn't hard at all bringing him around as she could just use her gravity powers for the extra strength. She knows that Solar had a pretty big ego and reputation to take care off after Halilintar, but she didn't mean to hurt his feelings.

She gave him those adoring, puppy-eyes look hoping that he understands her intentions. It was those looks that made Solar extremely weak— Weak in the heart and weak in the body.

He knew it. The damage was brutal. His wobbly legs had fallen apart and his back seemed to had dislocated. He collapsed on the floor, earning a loud thump.

"Solar!" Yaya screamed, failing to catch him in time. "I'm sorry!"

Solar looked at her in disbelief.

"What are you sorry for, darling?" he said, touching her delicate cheeks.

Yaya was still shaking in fear as panic started growing in her eyes.

He studied her for a while and finally understood. He then gave her an unreadable look that puzzled Yaya even more.

Solar soften his gaze and breathed out, still grazing her soft cheeks gently.

"You didn't offend me, dear. It was silly of me to let an outburst like that. It's not your fault." he spoke in a tender manner.

"Although, it is partially your fault for making me weak and destroying my lower half... and letting me fall." he continued.

Yaya gave him a little laugh that brought joy to his ears. She looked at him apologetically and smiled.

"Come here, you gorgeous little thing." he said, wrapping his arms around, bringing her down with him.

"I'm too tired to go back. Let's just sleep here." Solar yawned.

Yaya giggled softly, finding it adorable that the current version of her husband reminded her of his other form.

"You're beginning to follow Ice's traits, huh?"

"Well, I have to admit. His hobby in sleeping is quite an enjoyable one. But not as enjoyable as reading,"

She nodded in agreement as she too, love her books and libraries.

Solar placed a graceful kiss on top of her forehead and chewed her cheeks with his lips gently. Gosh, if he was asked what part of his wife he liked most, he'd definitely say her puffy, marshmallow cheeks.

"I could never get bored of this," he mumbled to himself, hugging Yaya close.

Yaya couldn't help but laugh at his cute remarks. "Sure, honey. You have a lifetime supply of my cheeks."

Solar smirked suggestively, agreeing to the comment his wife made.

"Then I'll gladly make use of them everyday."