Chapter 1: Knock you off your feet

"Hey Y/N! Breakfast is ready!"

I groan, rubbing my eyes as I throw my covers off me and get out of bed. I quickly rush to get ready and head downstairs to see my mum piling Eggo waffles onto a plate.

"Those smell good mum. Thanks." I thank her, taking a plate and sitting down.

"Hey! Save some for me would ya?!" My younger brother Danny shouts, skidding to a stop in front of the table. I just roll my eyes, trying hard not to laugh at the look on his face.

"Are you hanging out with your friends this afternoon Danny?" Mum asks, smiling as she sits down across from me.

Danny nods his head, frantically stuffing his mouth full of waffles.

"Let me guess, you're going to hang out with that stupid club of yours? What is it? Fire something club?" I ask, continuing my breakfast.

"It's the Hellfire Club. And it's not stupid! Plus, Mike, Dustin and Lucas are gonna be there." Danny says exclaims which makes me laugh.

I'm glad Danny made friends. I've lived here all- most of my life and I still find it hard to make friends. That's why I stay on my own. Well, that and the fact that-

"Y/N are you listening to me?"

Mum snaps me out of my thoughts and I look up at her. She slightly nods her head towards one of my waffles which is just floating mid air. I quickly realise that I was accidentally using my telekinesis again and place it back down on my plate with a nervous laugh.

Yeah, that's why I don't make friends. They'd think I'm a freak. So did my dad. That's why mum said he left anyway.

"Mum says you're picking me up from the Hellfire Club after we finish. Is that okay?" Danny asks and I nod my head with a small smile.

"Cool! Oh, you could meet my friends! You could meet Eddie! I'm sure Eddie would love-"

"Okay you two, you can talk about this later. You have to get ready for school Danny." Mum laughs as he rushes off to his room.

Mum looks at me with a small smile, placing her hand over mine.

"You have to stop doing that Y/N. If anyone sees you, you could be in trouble. I don't want to see you get hurt." Mum softly tells me, referring to the waffle situation.

"I know mum. I'm trying to control it... I just wish I could have helped with what happened at... Starcourt Mall." I sigh.

The monster from hell. All those people I could have saved if I had just done something. Anything.

"I know sweetie. And I'm so proud of you." Mum smiles, placing her hand on top of mine.

Danny comes running into the room with his club shirt on and his backpack slung over his shoulder.

"Bye guys!" He shouts before scrambling to the door.

"Danny wait! I'll drive you today." I smile, picking up my car keys and heading towards the door.

Mum waves us off as we head towards my red Chevrolet.

"So what classes do you have today?" I ask my brother who looks frustrated.

"Math... chemistry... the same old boring stuff." He complains which makes me chuckle to myself.

Once we pull up outside Hawkins High, Danny opens the car door and waves a quick goodbye.

I wave back but when I look down, I realise that he left his backpack. I grab it and quickly dart after him.

"Danny, you forgot you bag... again." I smile, handing it to him. Him and his friends turn to look at me and give me a quick glance.

"Oh... thanks." He smiles as him and his friends walk into school.

I sigh, watching as he walks through the front doors. He's grown so quick. If only I could have just been there to protect him even more than I have.

I turn back around to face my car keeping my head down low. However, I feel myself walk into someone and I feel myself falling backwards.

Before I can hit the ground, the person reaches out for me, quickly stopping my fall. They bring me back to my feet and I look up to see a guy with long, wavy, dark hair. His eyes have a mystery to them.

I look at his shirt and notice it's the same as Danny's.

This guy... hes... quite attractive.

"Hey beautiful. Can't have you falling and scraping that pretty face of yours can we?" The guy smiles before mysteriously walking straight past me with a smile.

Who is he?

I feel my face slightly heat up and I rush to my car, staring the engine and heading home.

As I walk through the door, mum looks up at me and raises her eyebrows.

"Why are you smiling Y/N?" Mum asks with a slight laugh.

"Mum I'm not smiling!" I look in the mirror to see that I am indeed... smiling.

All I could think of was him all the way home. The mysterious guy with the long dark hair. Just him.

"Sweetie, you're definitely smiling. Is this about a boy?" She teases and I scrunch up my nose in disgust.

"No mum! I mean... it doesn't matter." I laugh, trying to play it off.

Thankfully, she decides to leave me alone for now, going back to her sewing.

For most of the day I stare at my ceiling thinking about the guy as well as practice controlling my abilities.

What an eventful day for me.