Chapter 12: the clock is ticking

I take a deep breath in as I shoot up from the ground. I'm still at the lake but there is no one in sight.

"Eddie? Eddie where are you!? That- that wasn't me! I didn't..."

I continue to search around but I feel myself getting weak. My vision blacks out for a second and I fall to the floor. But not the dirty pebble floor of beside the lake.

I look around to see that I'm in a boat. The same small boat Eddie was just in, trying to escape Jason.

"What the...?"

Suddenly, a tentacle like thing reaches out from the water and wraps itself around my leg.

"Aaaaaa! Help! Somebody he-" but before I can finish, I'm pulled from the side of the boat.

Water fills my lungs as I'm dragged down towards a light. A red light coming from some sort of... thing.

When I'm pulled to the other side, I see that we are in a world unlike our own. A world full of nothing but death and lightning in the sky.

I cry in pain as the tentacle begins dragging me along the sharp and ridgid floor, the rocks scratching my back as I'm pulled at a high speed.

Then it all stops.

I sit up in agony as I feel the blood from open wounds trickle down my back.

"Hello Y/N."

The ticking from before strikes again and a loud bong of a clock surrounds me.

"Finally... we meet again Y/N." A tall creature emerges from what looks like the remnants of a house.

"What do you want from me?!" I try to crawl away but the monster keeps coming towards me slowly.

"I will not harm you. You're not the one I'm after." He says and I quickly stand up.

"Then what do you want from me?"

I stare him in the eyes. His eyes look... familiar.

"I want you to send a message."

I try to move backwards as he approaches but it's no use. He raises his hand to touch my head but instead, he brings his claw like fingers down onto my shoulder.

I cry in agony as his claws pierce through my skin and the blood comes trickling out.

"Now wake up... 002."

My eyes shoot open and I cry out in pain. The scratches I gained in the other world were brought back here yet, I wasn't there physically.

"Aaagh! Fuck!" I scream in pain.

A pair of arms tries to hold onto me but I scramble away, standing up. I see Eddie's terrified face in front of me, holding up his arms.

"Y/N it's me! It's Eddie... okay? I'm not gonna hurt you." He holds out his hands for me to take but then I feel a sharp pain shoot down my back.

"Shit Y/N, you're hurt!" He tries to step closer to me but I hold out my arm.

"Stay back! I- I don't wanna hurt you... not anymore." I feel a tear drop down my cheek as I back away.

Eddie looks at me completely confused. He must be so confused. I never told him about my abilities. What if he thinks I'm the one that caused this.

But it wasn't me. I know that. It was that... thing. It was... Vecna.

"You never hurt me Y/N. You saved me. I- I have no idea how you did it or what happened but you saved me. You risked yourself... for me." Eddie looks into my eyes.

A piercing headache causes me to close my eyes tightly and when I open them again, I see Vecna stood in front of me rather than Eddie.

"You could have killed him 002." He says but when I blink, he's gone. Eddie stands in his place, looking more concerned than before.

I can't let him get hurt. I can't let anyone get hurt. Not anymore. I'm a monster. I could have killed those jocks. They're lucky to still be alive.

"Hey... it's okay..." Eddie's voice soothes me slightly but when I look down at my shaky hands, all I can imagine is blood being spilled across them. The blood of innocents.

When I look back up into Eddie's eyes, I see a hint of fear.

Oh god...

He's scared of me.

"Eddie... I'm- I'm so sorry."

I whisper my words to him before I make a dash for it into the forest.

"Y/N! Y/N come back! It's not safe! Please! Y/NNNNN!" Eddie cries for me but I don't stop to look back.

All I know to do is run. I keep running as fast as my legs can carry me. I push away the stinging pain in my back and continue to push foward.

Until I come to a place people like to call skull rock.

I place my hand on the side of it, taking shelter underneath. I fall to the ground in agony, feeling the warm blood soak my clothes.

I lay down in the dirt and leaves, shivering. I feel weak from all the blood loss.

How did Vecna injure me in the real world without him being here? I saw him in a vision. There is no explanation for this.

I let my body fall to the floor, my vision fading in and out. I feel lightheaded and weak.

I feel... weak...

My body becomes colder by the second and my heart rate slows down. But not enough to kill me. I can still hear everything around me despite me being unable to move or open my eyes.

I guess Vecna will come find me. Either that or the wild animals will get me.

I shouldn't be like this. Weak. Pathetic. Powerless.

I am supposed to protect my friends and family. People who I care about. People... like Eddie.

I'm worth nothing.