Chapter 16: The upside down

After getting Steve patches up, we begin our journey across the weird plains, surrounded by strange dust particles.

Steve, Robin and Nancy walk up ahead of Eddie and I, discussing how exactly we are gonna get back.

"Hey, you ok?" Eddie asks and I turn to look at him.

"Yeah... it's just... this place. Something is terribly wrong here. For some reason, I feel a connection to this place." I rub my arm, feeling uneasy.

Eddie brushes his hand up against mine and he locks his fingers with mine, holding my hand gently.

"Its gonna be okay. We're gonna get the hell out of here and we are gonna go on to live our lives the way we want." Eddie smiles at me, despite the situation.

"Eddie... you're not scared of me are you? I could have hurt you... I sometimes loose control of my abilities. I'm dangerous." I sigh.

Eddie stops for a second but continues walking, still holding my hand.

"How can you even say that Y/N? And yeah you could have hurt me but you didn't. You saved me. I'm not going anywhere." He smiles.

His smile always makes me feel warm. He makes me feel safe.

"Hey you two! We're here." Robin shouts and gets our attention.

We stand outside the Wheeler house in the middle of nowhere. The house is covered in weird coloured vines. They're like parasites.

"Dude this is so weird..." Robin says and I nod my head.

We all make our way upstairs and into Nancy's room.

"So what is it we are looking for?" I ask.

"Guns." Nancy says bluntly, paying more attention to finding the guns.

Eddie and I look at each other but we shrug our shoulders, sitting down on the bed as Nancy looks through a small box.

"They're not here. They should be here."

We all stand around watching as Nancy opens a diary which was dated back quite a few years. This place is stuck in the past.

"How are we gonna make it through the if we don't have weapons?"

Suddenly, a piece of the roof begins to collapse and falls down towards Eddie. I hold out my hand, throwing the broken piece or roof away from Eddie before it hits him.

"Holy shit!" Eddie screams, rushing to stand close to me, gripping hold of my arm.

"We don't need weapons. We just have to find a way out of here. I can protect us." I say.

They all look at me with wide eyes but agree with me instantly.

"Dustin? Dustin!!" We rush outside the room to see Steve looking around with a crazed expression.

"What's wrong with him?"

"Did you not hear that?" Steve asks and we shake our heads.

But then I hear it. Voices in the distance, talking. I canttttt hear what they're saying but I hear... Dustin!

"Wait... I hear it too." I say, listening in as much as I possibly can.

We all watch as Eddie lifts his hand up to one of the lights and a weird sparkle glistens around it.

"We can use that. Does anyone know more code?" Robin asks.

"Does SOS count?" Eddie asks and we nod. He signals SOS into the light until we hear Dustin and another person cheering in the distance.

I continue walking around the house, Eddie following me still gripping my hand tightly.

"So... when we make it out, where do you wanna go for our date?" Eddie asks which makes me laugh.

"Honestly I have no idea. I mean... you decide. Make it a surprise for when we make it to the other side." I laugh.

"Eddie! Y/N! Come here!" Steve shouts us and we rush towards them.

They have a weird looking light box in their hands.

"What's that for?"

"Just watch."

Nancy writes 'hi' in the light box and Dustin behind laughing. This is so weird but its working.

Nancy then writes 'stuck' in the light box to signify that we are trapped in this weird alternate world place.

"Well we can't go back through water gate because its guarded. So where else do we go?"

"Well if I'm correct, a gate opened at each point where Vecna took his victims. So where..." I say.

We all turn to look at Eddie. Chrissy was killed by Vecna at his home. So if I'm correct, there should be a gate at his house.

"Okay. Then I guess we have to head towards your home then Eddie. I know you might not want to go back there but we have no choice." I give him a sad smile, rubbing my thumb on the back of his hand.

He just nods and we walk downstairs after telling Dustin where we are going. He has to meet us there in the other world.

We head out of the house and see Five bikes laying outside the house. I pick one up and sit on it, confusing everyone else.

"Well... you guys coming?" I laugh.

They all grab their own bike and we ride down the vine filled road, looking for Eddie's home.