Chapter 6: Get to know you

I feel something move behind me which wakes me up from my sleep. An arm is wrapped around my waist and for a moment I forget where I am. Then I remember.

Eddie...

I carefully remove his arm from me and stand up, trying no to wake him up.

"Y/N... where are you going?" Eddie mumbles in his morning voice. He opens his eyes and looks up at me like a lost puppy.

"I'm just getting a glass of water. I'll be right back." I give him a small smile.

He nods, closing his eyes again, a small smile on his face.

I walk to the kitchen, grabbing myself a glass from one of the cupboards. I turn on the cold water and place the glass under it.

Once I finish up, I turn around to see Eddie already standing in the doorway, a smile on his face.

"What's that smile for?" I laugh a little, watching him snap out of his trance.

"What smile? I'm not smiling." He tries to hide it but only ends up smiling even more.

"Sure... anyway, how would you like to bake some biscuits? I found some ingredients in one of the cupboards." I smile, opening the cupboard.

Eddie nods his head in excitement as if he were a child on Christmas day.

"Okay then! Biscuits it is!"

We get to work, preparing the dough. The next thing I know, I turn around only to be hit in the face with a handful of flour.

"Oh god! I am so sorry Y/N! That was supposed to hit your back!" Eddie exclaims backing up as I reach my hand into the flour.

"Oh I bet." I smirk, throwing the flour back at him.

Soon enough, we are throwing flour back and forth at each other, laughing without a care in the world.

I go to run around the counter top when I feel myself slip on some of the flour. Luckily, Eddie catches me just in time. Again.

"Easy there. This is just like the first day we met, isn't it?" Eddie smiles down at me, his face inches from mine.

We stare at each other for a moment but then Eddie helps me stand up again, smiling as if nothing just happened.

"Here, you've got something there..." Eddie reaches out his hand and brushes his thumb against my cheekbone.

My insides feel like they just turned into butterflies. His touch is so gentle. How can someone be so perfect?

"Oh um... thanks." I smile, looking down to try and hide my blushing cheeks.

"You're welcome Y/N."

The way he says my name. The way he smiles at me. Just him in genral... he's literally the definition of perfect.

"So... What's your story?" He breaks the silence, leaning against the counter.

"Oh... I'm nothing special really. I live with my mum and brother. Dad left us when I was only young. We live in a basic house. Nothing special. You?" I say, leaving out all the details about my abilities.

"Well I live with my uncle. I love to play guitar. I used to be in a band you know. So yeah... I'm nothing special either." He laughs, turning his head to give me another one of his cute genuine smiles.

"No way! You play guitar!? That's amazing Eddie! You have to play for me sometime!" I exclaim in excitement.

He laughs, shrugging his shoulders.

"Sure, why not? But you must have a talent or hobby too. So come on, what's yours?" He walks towards the counter, leaning over it whilst he places his chin on his hand.

Shit. What do I say?

"Well... I... not really. I'm just me. Just Y/N." I say, not knowing how to respond.

"Just Y/N. I like it! Just Y/N is such an amazing thing to be. Because just Y/N is perfect." He smiles which sends my emotions flying everywhere.

This guy knows exactly how to get into my head and my heart.

I turn my head downwards, blocking his view of my red face. However, he places his finger under my chin, making me look up at him. He reaches to move some of my hair which had fallen over my eyes.

We say nothing. We just stand in the kitchen in silence. Staring.

"You're beautiful..."

My heart stops. My eyes widen in shock at the compliment.

"I mean- you have a beautiful personality! Shit..." he tries to deny his last compliment but he knows it didn't work.

I smile, reaching out to grab his hand. I gently run my thumb over the back of his hand.

"Well... the cat's out of the bag..." he nervously laughs looking directly into my eyes.

"Don't worry... I feel exactly the same as you feel Eddie." I smile and he returns a smile yet again.

Without another word, we get back to baking our biscuits, sharing glances at one another throughout the process.

If only we weren't in the current situation of being tormented by the upside down again. Maybe things would be different between us.

I can only hope something happens between us.