Chapter 11: The lake

I quickly climb out of the window on the side of the house, taking my car keys with me. They shouldn't see me due to it being so dark outside.

I can't exactly harm the guys trying to kill Eddie but I can distract them enough so that Eddie can escape.

I watch as the 4 of them exit their car and slam the doors closed. As quietly as possible, I sneak towards my car and unlock it. I shut the door as quietly as possible and luckily for me, they don't see me.

The 4 of them have tools and weapons in their hands as they scout the place out.

Here goes nothing.

"Hey assholes!" I shout from my open window, getting their attention.

I turn on the engine and the headlights blind them for a moment.

I turn on the radio and 'we built this city's by Starship starts to play.

"Fuck..." I whisper to myself. It's a good song but not the kind to play during a fight.

I flick through the radio stations until 'cherry bomb' by The Runaways comes on.

"Oh that's more like it!"

I keep my foot on the break but let the back tires spin, creating a cloud of smoke behind me.

"I'm sorry mum. But I'm gonna have to get a new car." I whisper.

Just like that, I let go of the break and my car speeds towards the jocks who were walking towards me. They dive out of the way as I laugh, quickly turning the wheel.

The song continues to play and I keep messing with them.

"I'm gonna miss you." I say to my car right before I drive it straight into their car.

Smoke emits from them both. The two cars completely wrecked.

"You bitch! Where's the freak huh? You gonna tell me or do I have to find out myself?" The 'leader' asks but I stand my ground.

"Who? Eddie? He's not here. He left a longggg time ago." I laugh.

However, there is a clang right behind me which comes from the boat house.

"Gotcha." The lead jock says.

I quickly turn around and sprint as fast as I can towards the boat house.

Fucks sake Eddie. You should have left already.

"Get them! They're helping the freak!"

I quickly make a sharp turn to hide on the other side of the boat house, only to see poor Eddie paddling his way out into the middle of the lake.

"He's out in the lake! Come on!"

The four jocks run round the boat house to see me once again. I stand at the edge of the lake, cornered.

Eddie turns to see the four of them surrounding me and stops rowing.

"Y/N!!! Hey, leave them alone jerk!" Eddie screams which makes the leader snap his head towards Eddie.

The small patch on his jacket reading 'Jason'. So that's your name huh?

"Don't. You. Dare. You touch him, I'll kill you." I stare Jason down.

"Well isn't that cute? The bitch protecting the freak." Jason smiles with a laugh, looking between his friends.

"Get them."

I feel two pairs of hands hold me back and I see that two of Jason's friends are stopping me from moving.

"Patrick! Let's go!"

Jason and Patrick begin swimming towards Eddie's boat.

"Eddie go!!! Let go of me!" I try to get out of their grip but it's no use.

There is only one thing for me to do now.

"Come on Y/N. Show them who you really are."

The voice of my father echoes through my head. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

When I open my eyes, I scream, letting out all my power. The two other jocks are sent flying into a tree and the boat house but they don't hit them hard enough to be killed.

Jason and Patrick stop swimming and turn around to face me. Eddie does the same, complete shock and confusion written all over his face.

I look down to see that I am a few inches from the floor and when my feet hit the floor again, I walk towards the edge of the lake.

"You... what are you?!" Jason asks but I don't answer.

"You have to leave." I say to him.

However, Jason and Patrick begin swimming towards Eddie's boat again but all Eddie can do is stare at me in shock.

I muster up all the power I have left, holding out my arm. I scream as I send Eddie's boat further out into the lake, away from the two trying to kill him.

Suddenly, Patrick stops swimming and so does Jason.

Next thing I know, Patrick is pulled under the water and only seconds later, his body comes flying out from the water.

He hovers in the air for a few moments before his bones begin to crack. Limb by limb, bone by bone, his body begins to crumble until a loud pop echoes over the lake.

Patrick's body falls back into the water as we all stare in shock.

Jason panicks, swimming away back to the shore but away from me.

But that wasn't me... I didn't... oh god.

I feel myself getting dizzy and my vision gets blurry.

I soon fall to the ground, letting myself be surrounded by the darkness. The last thing I hear is Eddie calling my name as he paddles back towards me.

"I knew you had it in you."

The voice of my father calls again.

"Welcome back 002."