Chapter 18: I'll show you the past

A sudden knock on the door pulls me out of my trance and I quickly put my shirt back on.

I open the door to see Eddie looking at me with doe eyes.

"Hey uh... is everything alright darling?" My heart melts at the nickname he gave me. I nod in response but I look down at the floor.

Eddie takes a few steps towards me, placing his index finger under my chin. He tilts my head to look up at him and his other hand locks with mine.

"Please... you can talk to me Y/N. Look I- I know I'm not used to all this supernatural crap but... I wanna help you." He says softly.

I sigh, taking his other hand away from my chin, gripping that one too. I look into his eyes and try not to cry.

"I think... I think I'm gonna talk to him." I say.

"Talk to who?" Eddie tilts his head like a confused puppy would do.

"Vecna."

At the mention of Vecna, Eddie stiffens up and his grip on my hands gets tighter.

"You can't be serious. Y/N he could kill you! There's no way I'm letting you do this!" Eddie exclaims in protest.

"I have to Eddie! He knows who I am and I need to know why!" I shout over his voice.

A few moments later, Steve, Dustin, Max, Robin and my brother all come running towards the door, looking between Eddie and I.

"What's going on?" Danny asks.

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah everything is fine." I sigh, looking away from Eddie.

"No! No it's not fine! Y/N wants to talk to Vecna." Eddie says which causes everyone to snap their heads in my direction.

Danny looks at me with sadness in his eyes.

"Y/N you can't. What if I loose you?! What will I tell mum!?" Danny runs over to me and wraps his arms around me.

"You won't loose me. All I want to do is talk with him. Its gonna be alright Danny. I promise." I look down at him with a small smile.

Once he let's go, I walk past Eddie and everyone else, ripping a piece of material from my shirt as I sit in front of a small tv. I use my powers to turn it on as a static sound fills the room.

I lift the piece of material towards my eyes but a gentle hand stops me just before I do.

"Eddie I already told you, I'm doing this. No one can stop me. I have to know how Vecna knows me." I say.

Eddie bends down to sit beside me, looking at me with a sad, yet loving expression.

"I know. I'm not here to stop you. Just please, try to be careful. I know you're strong but I can't afford to loose you. I know we only met not long ago but it feels like I've known you forever. I made a promise to myself that I would keep you safe." Eddie places a hand on the side of my face, moving it to brush a piece of my hair away.

"I know. And I am making a promise to you now. I promise I will be okay. If I'm not, rip the blindfold away from my eyes and turn off the TV. That will pull me out." I say to him and he nods.

Everyone else gathers around me, looking down at me with concern.

"Guys I'm gonna be fine. You go discuss our plan of action. You can fill me in on it later. But I have to do this." I say.

They all nod leaving one by one. Danny gives me a sad smile but eventually follows after the others.

"I believe in you Y/N. If anything happens, I'll do as you've told me. Stay safe. I lo- know you'll be alright." He stammers over his words for a moment.

He places a soft yet quick kiss to my lips before hesitantly leaving to see the others.

It's now or never.

I place the makeshift blindfold over my eyes, focusing on the sound of the static.

When I open my eyes, I'm in the blacked out void. The water beneath my feet splashing as I walk towards a strange looking house. I see Vecna hanging mid air by some weird vines.

"Vecna!" I call his name and he opens his eyes. The vines let him down slowly and he begins walking towards me.

"Y/N we meet again." His deep, threatening voice echoes through the void.

"Again? How exactly do you know who I am? I've never met you before. I don't know who you are!" I shout.

Vecna just stands in front of me, saying nothing. Doing nothing. It's as if he feels reluctant to even come near me.

"You did. Once." He says, taking one step towards me. Then another. Then another.

Until he is stood right in front of me.

"You're lying! We have only met once before! That was when you tried to kill me back at the lake!" I take another step back.

I feel a few slimy vines take hold of my legs, stopping me from moving. Vecna walks closer to me once more before lifting his clawed hand above my head.

"Let me show you who you really are Y/N. I'll show you the past."

He places his hand on my head and suddenly, we aren't in the void anymore.

Where the hell are we?