Prologue

Elyus's POV:

5000 BC MESOPOTAMIA

"It is time."

My eyes flutter open and I glance around the darkened room, a sense of familiarity filling my thoughts.

The Domo.

But I wasn't alone. In perfect sync, ten others begin to walk to stand against the walls and I follow suit in between a girl who had her hair beautifully braided and a man who had larger muscles compared to the others.

Gold strands of light emerged from behind, replacing my grey clothing into a mixture of orange and cadet blue armor.

My eyes wander over to the model of the prime celestial, Arishem. The being was taking the eleven of us to our new mission...our new home.

Once our suits of armor completed, I stepped away from the wall but I couldn't help but let my eyes trail over to the large window that overlooked the vastness of space as the others stepped into the hallway of the Domo.

Letting curiosity get the best of me, I walk over to the window and my eyes widen slightly at the spherically large blue marble with white swirls. There were a few scattered patches of brown, yellow, and green but it was hard to tell due to half of the planet being covered in a shadow since it was faced away from the sun.

It's...

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

I jump at the sudden voice and turn, locking eyes with the women. She had brunette hair that cascaded a bit past her shoulders and dark brown eyes that glistened as soon as she stepped closer to the window.

I warmly smile at her, taking note of her emerald green armor. "That and a bit overwhelming."

"How so?"

I nod my head towards the planet. "It's difficult to imagine of how long it will take to handle all of the deviants with a planet that large. Kind of makes you feel small, if you think about it."

"Well on the bright side, at least I know I'm not the only one who's feeling a bit scared." She laughed, scratching the back of her neck with a nervous expression. "But, I'm open to learn about the variety of how each person live their lives."

I slowly nod with a smile, offering my hand for her to shake. "We can be openminded together...?"

She doesn't spare another second to shake my hand as she continued to smile. "Sersi."

"Sersi. I'm--"

"Elyus, Ajak requests your presence at once." Sersi and I break our stares, seeing as a man dressed in blue armor stood nearby the exit with a serious look. "We need to get into position before we land."

I nod and start to walk but pause mid-step to glance over to Sersi. "I'll see you later?"

She breaks her stares away from the man and starts to chuckle. "Where else would I be?"

"I think we're going to be great friends." I shake my head in playful disbelief and continue to follow after the blue-armored man in the halls. "So now that you know my name, do I get to know yours?"

He stops at the exit while the four members of our fighters stood nearby the hangar door "Ikaris." He simply greeted before the door lowered to the ground, revealing the dirt terrain. "Makkari, get the humans out of harms way. Kingo and Elyus, eliminate the deviants in the west portion of the village while Thena and Gilgamesh, take the east." He instructed, pointing to each individual as he named them all.